The Sweet Stillness of Wine Country
Auberge on the Vineyard • Cloverdale, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Victorian House, Sundays through Thursdays ($192) or Fridays and Saturdays ($215) from Now to June 30 or from November 1 to December 31
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Carriage House, Sundays through Thursdays ($255) or Fridays and Saturdays ($290) from Now to June 30 or from November 1 to December 31
- Daily Three-Course Breakfast for Two
- Master Wine Tasting Pass to 120 Area Wineries
- $50 Credit Toward a Massage for Two at Main Street Spa
There are countless reasons Budget Travel named Cloverdale, California, the #2 Coolest Small Town in America in 2010. But for some, it was written in the stars: "I didn't realize what a difference the clear, dark skies make," one resident told the The Press Democrat. "You can look up and see the stars. It's just amazing."
Clear your head amid the constellations with this week's Escape to Auberge on the Vineyard, a Healdsburg-area B&B where the sky's the limit—and the views of Alexander Valley vineyards are nonpareil.
You'll get a two-night stay for two in one of three Victorian House rooms, Sundays through Thursdays ($192) or Fridays and Saturdays ($215) from now to June 30 or from November 1 to December 31. Or, opt for a two-night stay for two in one of four Carriage House rooms, Sundays through Thursdays ($255) or Fridays and Saturdays ($290) from now to June 30 or from November 1 to December 31.
The 1910 Victorian House is divided into three rooms—the Hermitage, Margaux, and Lorraine—and each offers plentiful window seating with views of the valley, period furniture, heirloom antiques, and luxe linens, plus plush towels in each private bathroom.
Meanwhile, the Carriage House, split into four rooms—the Sancerre, Vouvray, Echezeaux, and Montrachet—was added to the property in 1980 and boasts a large common area with vineyard and mountain views, as well as a west-facing gallery, fireplace, flat-screen TV, and butler's pantry with complimentary drinks and snacks.
You and your moonstruck companion will be treated to a daily French-inspired three-course breakfast at 9 a.m. in the dining room of this Queen Anne Victorian inn. Past guests have called the experience "mind-blowing" and promise that "each breakfast surpassed the next."
Post-pastry, use your two-day Master Wine Tasting Pass at 120 area wineries in Northern California Wine Country, where "eating and, above all, drinking are cultivated as high arts," says Fodor's.
Then, head back to Cloverdale to use your $50 credit toward an astronomically soothing massage for two at Main Street Spa.
This week's Escape proves our theory that you can while away in Wine Country—without the Big Bang on your wallet.
"The most enjoyable bed and breakfast we have ever visited. Cloverdale [is] slower paced, quaint, and unassuming. Roxanne is simply a wonderful hostess and a very accomplished chef. ...each breakfast surpassed the next."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book reservations by December 1, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 8 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and a $25 administration fee
- Vouchers include daily three-course breakfast for two, a master wine tasting pass to 120 area wineries and a $50 credit toward a massage for two at Main Street Spa
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; $35 for a third adult and available in select rooms only
- Blackout dates: Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
- May combine up to 2 vouchers for a 4 night stay
- 9% taxes and resort fees not included and payable upon reservation
- No pets please
- Valid for adults 21 and over only
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings