Flocks of Fancy in the New Jersey Countryside
Chimney Hill Estate and Ol Barn Inn • Lambertville, NJ
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Mondays through Thursdays, in a Barn Suite ($369)
- Or, A Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in Rooms 3, 4, 5, or 6 ($369)
- A Bottle of Wine and a Tour for Two of Unionville Vineyards
- $50 Dining Credit at Stockton Inn (Mondays) or Anton's at the Swan (Tuesdays through Sundays)
- Two Bags of Alpaca Feed
Alpacas may be native to the Andes, but you won't have to travel to South America to have a dyed-in-the-wool experience with this week's Escape to Chimney Hill Estate and Ol' Barn Inn, a charming B&B on a scenic alpaca farm in Lambertville, New Jersey.
Come for a two-night stay for two, Mondays through Thursdays, in the Barn Suites ($369) or weave together a two-night weekend stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays, in Rooms 3, 4, 5, or 6. Enjoy a bottle of wine upon arrival and then flock to a tour for two of Unionville Vineyards—hailed by The New York Times as best winery in the state.
This beautiful 1820 fieldstone home, restored in 1920 by Margaret Spencer, America's first female architect, has plenty to bray about—think soft bathrobes and beds fitted with plush linens. Some of the inn's comfortable guest rooms feature crackling fireplaces, and the Barn Suites offer Jacuzzi tubs.
Eight acres of fields and gardens offer plenty of space to meet and greet the property's alpacas—whom you'll win over with two complimentary bags of feed. Once they've had their fill, head out to pasture and visit the Alpaca Gift Store, where you can browse hats, sweaters, and gloves knitted from the high-quality wool.
Explore the charms of the Delaware River region: There are art and antique shops, kayaking, rafting and river tubing, horseback riding, hiking and biking, and historical riches galore. Sit back after a long day of fun in the fields with a fresh-baked cookie and a glass of lemonade in the farmhouse.
When it's time for you to graze, a $50 credit at at Anton's at the Swan on Tuesdays through Sundays or Stockton Inn on Mondays more than hits the spot. From pan-roasted duck breast with orange-ginger sauce at Anton's to sea scallops with nest of pappardelle pasta, wilted spinach, and mango-cream drizzle at Stockton Inn, these innovative American cookeries are in tune with nature's bounty and society's tastes—they've earned accolades from The Star Ledger, New Jersey Monthly, and CBS Philadelphia.
Enjoy this Escape to New Jersey with every fiber of your being—we think it's a shear delight.
"A grand display of stonework, designed with both Federal and Greek Revival-style architecture. The Ol' Barn has four suites with fireplaces, Jacuzzis, steam rooms, guest pantries, spiral staircases, and loft bedrooms."-- iLoveInns
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made online
- Any reservation not made through Chimney Hill's website will be charged a $10 fee
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Blackout dates are 5/26-27 and 6/30-31
- $50 will be charged for any and all cancellations or changes to reservation dates or rooms once made
- Early check-in and late check-out are not available
- Option A is not valid for the Estate Lodging Rooms, Tapestry Room, Renaissance Room, Garden Room, Library Room, or Hunt Room
- $50 dinner voucher is valid for the Stockton Inn on Monday nights and for Anton's at the Swan Restaurant all other nights
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • Enjoy By August 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings