Well-Known Fact: Fairfield County is a Haven for Families
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk • Norwalk, CT
- A One-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Children in a Double-Queen Room
- Breakfast for Two Adults and Two Children
- Adventure Passes for Two Adults and Two Children to the The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Including Aquarium Admission and Classic IMAX Movie
- One In-Room Movie
- Tin of Cookies and Welcome Gift Bag
Despite your relative proximity to JFK and the myriad destination possibilities it represents, wallets tend to rule when it comes to family vacations. Although your pocketbook is practically yelling at you to stay home, you shudder at the thought of three months at the mercy of the kiddos and the steamy weather with not even a long weekend in sight.
Keep your budget and your mental health in check with a quick Escape for two adults and two children to Norwalk, Connecticut, and stay one night in a double-queen room at the recently renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk ($175). Get settled and decide which in-room movie you'll drift off to after dinner at Saffire, where you'll have two appetizers on the house when you purchase two entrées. Just save room for dessert—a tin of the DoubleTree's signature cookies.
The charming New England town is less than 50 miles from the Big Apple, but the quaint cobblestone streets of Norwalk and South Norwalk (with a recently revived downtown affectionately called SoNo by the locals) and the calm Long Island Sound make it feel a world away. The area has long been a hot spot for sailors, and it was listed as one of the best 100 small cities by Money magazine in 2010.
When the kids bound out of bed at some ungodly hour ready to hit the pool or the beach, take solace in the included breakfast for two adults and two children. Before the sun sucks out all of their energy, be sure to hit The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, where your passes for two adults and two children include aquarium admission and a Classic IMAX movie.
See all sorts of water wildlife, from sea turtles to jellyfish; stroke the nurse sharks and rays in the touch pool; watch the two playful river otters, Belle and Lou, splash in the waterfall; and check out the more exotic special exhibits: fascinating fish from Africa and a family of meerkats. (Tip: Don't miss seeing the daily harbor seal show at 11:45 a.m., 1:45 p.m., or 3:45 p.m.) Then board the hotel's complimentary shuttle (service also includes destinations within a six-mile radius and the Norwalk or Darien train station) to return to the DoubleTree.
Head home prepared to thrive, not just survive, during the rest of the summer knowing your family getaway didn't just save money, but also saved you from self-inflicted signs of aging.
"Great hotel, and even better staff! We were greeted enthusiastically by the desk clerk who had no trouble changing our room from one bed to two. Of course, there were warm cookies! There is a nicely kept large indoor pool at just the right temperature."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required, must be made at least 4 days prior to arrival and all dates are subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 3, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 3, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 3, 2012 • Enjoy By September 3, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings