Gateway to Northumberland National Park
Riverdale Hall Country House Hotel • Northumberland, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Two-Course Meal on First Evening
- Bottle of House Wine for Guests Dining on Second Evening
- Walking Maps Provided
- Use of Leisure Facilities
- Late Checkout
In the village of Bellingham lies the grave of a burglar known locally as "The Long Pack". He acquired the moniker when he tried to break into a house by hiding in a beggar's pack—only to have his efforts thwarted by an unfortunate lint-induced coughing fit, and his life ended by an angry sword-wielding homeowner.
For a pair of Escapees, there's no need to resort to hiding in a rucksack to get away—just finger a two-night break at the Riverdale Hall Country House Hotel in Northumberland for £175 (up to a £347.70 value). A short stroll along the Tyne from Bellingham, the hotel's tranquil setting at the gateway to Northumberland National Park led Country Walking Magazine to call it, "The best place for walking in the country."
Drop your bags in your modern, country-feel room before ambling to the only Les Routiers Gold Plate award-winning restaurant in Northumbria. Steal yourself away for a two-course dinner from a menu bursting with seasonal dishes like locally reared pheasant accompanied by sautéed cabbage and smoked bacon, or crab and lemon-stuffed fillet of sea bass served with a smoked salmon, tomato, and cucumber salsa. Return to the scene of your indulgent crimes on your second night too, and make away with a bottle of house wine.
A fortifying breakfast each morning sets you up for exploring Northumberland's stunning scenery and historic attractions. Stay on the Tyne River and ramble to the pretty waterfall at Hareshaw Burn, or pack your swag bag with a provided packed lunch and maps of the Pennine Way, Hadrian's Wall, Northumberland National Park, Kielder Water, and Kielder Forest for a day's hiking miles from even the longest arm of the law. On your return, rest your weary feet in the bar for a well-earned, hand-pulled real ale, take a dip in the pool, or watch the action on the hotel's salmon river or cricket field.
With a late checkout there's no need to creep out like a cat burglar if you lie in, so grab your accomplice and make this week's Escape your quick and easy getaway.
Want more? Check out Riverdale Hall Country House Hotel on Facebook.
''The kitchen makes good use of Northumbrian lamb, Kielder venison, and Angus steaks, as well as salmon and trout from the nearby River Tyne.''-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation; Valid for bookings from 4 May only
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 10 November 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Limited availability on Saturday
- Deal based on double occupancy in a superior room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, two-course meal on first evening, bottle of house wine for guests dining on second evening, walking maps provided, use of leisure facilities and late checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 10, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 10, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 10, 2012 • Enjoy By November 10, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings