East Asian Elegance in Enchanting China
China Travel CA • Beijing, China
- A Nine-Day Trip for One Guest Based on Double Occupancy ($1,699 to $1,990 Depending on Departure Date)
- Hotels and Round-Trip Airfare from New York City or Vancouver and Between Domestic Flights Within China Included
- A Seven-Day Tour of Major Cities with an English-Speaking Guide
- Daily Breakfast, Five Lunches, and Two Dinners
Sprouting from the fertile shores of the Yellow River—known as the cradle of Chinese civilization—The Middle Kingdom's sprawling landscape, with its vast deserts, subtropical forests, and towering mountains, forms the backdrop of the world's most populous country; more than 1.3 billion people call it home.
Explore China's rich cultural traditions and Escape to one of the world's premier travel destinations with a nine-day adventure for one guest based on double occupancy from China Travel CA ($1,690 to $1,990 depending on travel dates*).
Covering Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, and Hangzhou, your expedition includes seven nights of accommodations, daily breakfast, five lunches and two dinners, and round-trip airfare from either JFK or Vancouver International Airport.
Kick off your adventure in the thriving capital city of Beijing where you'll take up residency in the Oriental Bay Hotel Beijing—one of the city's most luxurious hotels. Sip on a glass of robust wine from Magic Cup Bar, while lounging in the lobby outfitted with Xishan décor. A contemporary-style guest room awaits.
Once the imperial palace for both the Ming and Quing dynasties and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Forbidden City is just one of the historical monuments you'll visit during your tour of Beijing, where you'll also marvel at the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square.
After three days, you'll fly to Shanghai where you'll visit the magnificent Jade Buddha Temple.
"One of Shanghai's few active Buddhist monasteries, this temple was built between 1911 and 1918," says Lonely Planet. "The beautiful effigy of Sakyamuni, clearly Southeast Asian in style, gazes ethereally from a cabinet. "
In Suzou and Hangzhou, stroll through the Lingering Garden and board a boat on West Lake for a tour of the Su Causeway.
Wake up in the Shanghai Ramada Plaza Gateway on day eight and use the full day to explore this city of skyscrapers at your leisure before returning home the next morning.
Whether traversing timeless landmarks or devouring the relics of historic dynasties, your fortune cookie rings true: your future looks lucky indeed.
*From JFK: September 3 to 11 ($1,790); September 4 to 12 ($1,790); September 11 to 19 ($1,790); or September 18 to 26 ($1,793).
From YVR: June 11 to 19 ($1,990); July 6 to 14 ($1,990); July 13 to 21 ($1,990); September 5 to 13 ($1,690); September 10 to 18 ($1,690).
For additional information, view the full China Travel CA itinerary.
"A microcosm of the forces at play in contemporary China is presented in the provinces on the eastern coast of the country. The past's rich legacy and the challenges and aspirations for China's future combine in a present that is dizzying in its variety."-- Read the Review from Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Voucher price is per person, based on two people traveling together
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Must confirm reservation 50 days prior to departure
- Voucher is valid for departure dates listed on voucher only
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Children 12 and older will be charged at the regular price; separate fee for children 11 and under
- Reservations cannot be canceled or changed once they are made. Any cancellations will be charged a full 10% of the entire trip price
- Hotel is based on double occupancy, additional $350 for single occupancy; must mention when making reservation; China Travel CA reserves the right to substitute other hotels of equal value based on availability
- Add-on fares are available from other US cities for additional costs and subject to availability at time of booking; call 888-410-4111 (JFK departure) or 888-880-7718 (Vancouver departure) with questions between 9:30am-6pm PST
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($169 per US passport or $114 for Canadian passport, valid for 1 year multiple-entry), other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, or service fee for drivers and local guide of $48 to be paid in China
- Taxes and airline fuel surcharges are included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 26, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 26, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 26, 2012 • Enjoy By September 26, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings