Hot on the Trail in Deerfield Valley
GreenMountainVermont • West Dover, VT
- A Two-Night Stay for Two at Your Choice of 13 Properties in the Deerfield Valley
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Dining Credits at Local Restaurants
- Two Entries to the Green Mountain Challenge Treasure Hunt, Including Two Registrations; Donations; a Mission Packet with Clues; and a Treasure Hunt Fuel Pack with Water, Snacks, Bug Spray, and More
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Vermont's Deerfield Valley, in Dover and Wilmington, has always been a diamond in the rough. Few realize that some of the world's best hiking, biking, swimming, golfing, kayaking, and other outdoor adventures lie secretly nestled in the mountains just three hours from Boston and four hours from New York City.
But a diamond in the rough is one thing—hidden treasure is a whole other. With this week's Escape from GreenMountainVermont, you and a friend are knee-deep in both.
The diamonds—a two-night stay at your choice of 13 properties, daily breakfast for two, a $15 dinner credit to local restaurants, and welcome goodie bags—are superseded only by the hidden treasure: the Green Mountain Adventure Challenge, a treasure hunt for six permanent objects, plus other booty, hidden throughout this vast wilderness ($379).
After settling in to your choice of accommodations—from the 12-room West Dover Inn built in 1846 to the amenity-rich Lodge at Mount Snow and 11 other properties*—feast your eyes on the included Treasure Hike Mission Packet, comprising pictures of the six secret objects you're hunting for, maps of the trails they're on, and instructions on what to do when you find them. (Don't worry: Because the objects are permanent, the hunt isn't a race for first place.)
All of the hiking trails are within a 15-minute drive of Dover and Wilmington, and your method of treasure hunting is completely elective, with hiking, biking, running, walking, kayaking, swimming, and even skydiving proving effective in past hunts. Finding all six objects requires about 15 hours of hiking, and you can use as few or as many days between now and September 15 to complete the task. The prize? A cash drawing for which you'll be entered with each object you find.
As a bonus to finding the six main objects, actual treasure chests are hidden throughout the forests, stuffed with extra clues and vouchers for food, outdoor gear, vacations, and cash. In addition to your daily included breakfast, your Treasure Hunt Fuel Pack will keep you nourished, hydrated, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed on your trail to treasure.
And while you might find all the objects and win that cash prize, the real winner is the Cancer Care Center in Boston, for which $50 of each participant's entry fee is donated.
Sure, you may not walk away with any real diamonds but this week's Escape is a win-win you'll always treasure—and there's nothing rough about that.
*Participating lodges: Big Bears Lodge, Deerfield Valley Inn, Four Seasons Inn, Gray Ghost Inn, Inn at Sawmill Farm, Weathervane Lodge, Matterhorn Inn, White House Inn, West Dover Inn, Lodge at Mount Snow, Inn at Mount Snow, Kitzhof Inn, and Cooper Hill Inn
For additional information, visit GreenMountainVermont on Facebook.
"Cross into the Green Mountain State from Massachusetts on Interstate 91, and you might feel as if you've entered a new country. There isn't a town in sight. What you see are forested hills punctuated by rolling pastures..."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- No refunds due to weather
- Based upon double occupancy
- Offer valid based on availability at the following participating properties: Big Bears Lodge, Deerfield Valley Inn, Four Seasons Inn, Gray Ghost Inn, Inn At Sawmill Farm, Weathervane Lodge, Matterhorn Inn, White House Inn, West Dover Inn, Lodge at Mount Snow, Inn at Mount Snow, Kitzhof Inn, and Cooper Hill Inn
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2012 • Enjoy By September 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 38% savings