A Pared-Down Playground in the Rocky Mountains
Medicine Bow Lodge • Saratoga, WY
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Thursdays through Sundays, in a Single Cabin With ($400) or Without ($250) Daily Horseback Riding
- Three Daily Meals for Two
When you were a kid, one phrase undoubtedly made your gap-toothed smile shine: summer vacation. Although school breaks may be a thing of the past, there's no reason why you can't Escape to the warm-weather mindset of a child.
Relive the idyllic moments of sleep-away camp—like morning hikes through the woods, cookouts and s'mores, and late-night stargazing—and mix in some adult adventure during a two-night stay for two, Thursdays through Sundays, in a single cabin at Medicine Bow Lodge ($250). If you want to hop in the saddle during your trip, choose the option with daily horseback riding ($400).
Set in the Snowy Range of the Rocky Mountains outside Saratoga, Wyoming, the lodge's bucolic surroundings—Medicine Bow National Forest—are a playground for pastimes. Kick back inside one of the cabins, make yourself at home with a fireside seat in the recently renovated lodge, then enjoy a homemade dinner with other guests and discuss plans for the next day. Before you call it a night, play a board game with a plate of dessert at your side.
"We just wanted to hike, ride horses, eat amazing home-cooked meals, see wildlife, and sleep to the sounds of the wild. We achieved all of these goals effortlessly," a previous guest says on TripAdvisor.
Roll out of bed and start your day with an easygoing fishing excursion along the nearby mountain streams. Line your porch rail with the rocks you found on a hike, and then saddle up for a guided horseback ride. Guided rides depart from the lodge at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m on Mondays through Saturdays; sunset rides and all-day rides are offered on Saturdays, and an afternoon ride is offered on Sundays.
Help bake a fresh batch of cookies during a casual lesson, and at night, give your best ghost story the drama of an outdoor campfire. When your stay is coming to a close, promise to stay in touch with guests you've met and get your pen ready: this is a getaway worth writing home about.
"The horseback riding was amazing. Both of us were not very experienced, but a few days into our trip we were galloping across fields and jumping over logs. It was truly amazing. We took trips to different places with new scenery and terrain every day."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 8, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 8, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 8, 2013 • Enjoy By February 8, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 58% savings