Island Hopping in the South Pacific
Down Under Answers • Denarau Island, Fiji
- A Nine-Day Trip to Fiji for One Guest, July 8 through September 13 (Double Occupancy $3,099; Single Occupancy $4,259) or September 14 through October 31 (Double Occupancy $2,799; Single Occupancy $3,899), Including:
- Round-Trip International Airfare from LAX to Nadi International Airport via Air Pacific, VIP Airport Meet and Greet, and Private Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airport and Destinations
- Five Nights in a Classic Garden Room at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island with Daily Breakfast and Half-Day Nadi Faces and Places Tour
- Three-Day, Two-Night Cruise Around Yasawa Islands with Morning and Afternoon Tea, Meals, Entertainment, and Shore Excursions
- Airline Fuel Surcharges, Taxes, and Fees; Fiji VAT and Hotel Turnover Tax; and Destination Entrance Fees
With its pristine beaches, coral reefs, and sapphire blue waters, Fiji boasts some of the best eye candy in the Pacific. Take a taste with this week's Escape from Down Under Answers.
Travel between July 8 and September 13 (double occupancy $3,099; single occupancy $4,259) or between September 14 and October 31 (double occupancy $2,799; single occupancy $3,899).* Your nine-day trip for one guest includes round-trip international airfare from LAX to Nadi International Airport via Air Pacific as well as private round-trip ground transportation between the airport and destinations. Airline fuel surcharges, taxes, and fees; FIJI VAT and hotel turnover tax; and destination entrance fees are also covered.
When you touch down in Nadi, fresh-flower leis, chilled bottled water, and a minted towel will welcome you. From the airport, you'll be whisked off to the Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island for four nights in a Classic Garden Room with daily breakfast. Melt into luxury at this beachfront Fodor's Choice hotel, featuring a full spa, on-site golf course, and lagoon swimming pools.
Sweeten the day with your fully guided, half-day Nadi Faces and Places Tour. You'll feel like a kid in a candy store as you explore the colorful Sri Siva Subramaniya, the largest Hindu temple in the Southern Hemisphere, and the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, a plantation with more than 2,000 types of orchids. No excursion would be complete without a visit to the local Nadi market to meet the locals and sample juicy tropical produce.
The next leg of your trip brings you to Lautoka, where you'll board a three-day, two-night Blue Lagoon Cruise around the Yasawa Islands. The dazzling topography of powder-soft sand, dense tropical verdure, and crystal-clear lagoons makes this chain of volcanic islands among the most visually compelling places in the world.
Your first day at sea includes morning tea and lunch before an afternoon of swimming or relaxing on deck. You can take to dry land to visit a Fijian village, tour the shell market, and participate in a traditional Yaqona Ceremony. Or, bask in the sun in solitude. The Yasawas are "sparsely populated and just what the doctor ordered for leaving civilization and its consternations behind," says Lonely Planet.
The following day, set your sights on Nanuya Lailai, Blue Lagoon's private island. You'll snorkel in azure waters alive with soft coral reefs and tropical fish before diving into a barbecue lunch. Or, nap beneath the cotton-candy clouds, then partake in a traditional "magati" feast and post-dinner party on the beach.
After three days at sea, one final night at the Radisson Blu will be the cherry on top of your international adventure. This week's Escape will prove how sweet life in the South Pacific can be.
*Prices do not include gratuities or cruise fuel surcharges of $15 per person per day.
"Most who visit Fiji want little more than a white-sand beach, a cloudless sky, and the opportunity to fall into a sun-induced coma under a palm tree. On this score, Fiji doesn't disappoint."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Prices are per person, based on double occupancy in US$ and traveling Air Pacific from Los Angeles
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must provide two voucher numbers when confirming reservations for double occupancy purchases
- Reservations must be confirmed by June 15, 2012
- Valid for Sunday departures only
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Add-on fares available from other US cities can be purchased separately from DUA at time of voucher redemption
- Seats and rooms are limited and subject to availability at time of booking
- Amendment fees and cancellation penalties apply; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, US/foreign taxes and fees including September 11 Security Fee are included
- Voucher includes VIP Airport Meet and Greet and Private Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airport and Destinations, Five Nights in a Classic Garden Room at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island with Daily Breakfast and Half-Day Nadi Faces and Places Tour, Three-Day, Two-Night Cruise Around Yasawa Islands with Morning and Afternoon Tea, Meals, Entertainment, and Shore Excursions, Fiji VAT and Hotel Turnover Tax; and Destination Entrance Fees
- Voucher does not include cruise fuel surcharge of approximately $15 per person per day, liquor, beer, wine, soda, hire of snorkeling equipment, massage, diving, gratuities or items of a personal nature on board
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • Enjoy By October 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 38% savings