An Epicurean Oasis on Vancouver Island
Sooke Harbour House • Sooke, Canada
- A One-Night Stay for Two
- House-Made Chocolate Truffles and a Bottle of Premium Sparkling Wine
- The Gastronomical Adventure: a Seven- to Ten-Course Dinner of Seasonal Ingredients
- Hot Breakfast for Two, Served in Your Guest Room
- Garden Tour
- Voted Vancouver Island's Best Restaurant
The tasting menu of a beautiful life has a few essential elements: a shimmering sea seen from a balcony perch, wood-burning fireplaces for cool evenings, and organic gardens just beyond your door. Well, polish those silver dollars and get a taste of what you've been missing with an overnight stay for two ($486) at the Sooke Harbour House, an elegant boutique hotel on the edge of the Pacific Ocean.
First we start with an amuse-bouche: House-made chocolate truffles and a bottle of premium sparkling wine await in your guest room, which features ocean views, antique furniture, a deep soaker tub, and, yes, the warmth of a wood-burning fireplace.
Next up on the menu is a tour of what Frommer's calls the inn's "magnificent seaside gardens." Lavender, rosemary, figs, passionflower, kiwis, plums, and more find their habitat in this hotel's seasonal organic garden. You'll discover later that everything in the garden tastes as good as it looks, thanks to a team of chefs who draw from their natural environment to create gourmet meals.
And now for the entrée: As a part of your getaway, you'll be embarking on the hotel's Gastronomical Adventure, a seven- to ten-course tasting menu, prepared specially for you and highlighting the best seasonal ingredients available.
Sooke Harbour House is known as much for its fine dining restaurant as for its elegant rooms and fragrant gardens—in fact, Vancouver magazine voted the dining room here Vancouver Island's best restaurant. Savor a meal of organic veal, duck, Pacific salmon, fresh scallops, and more, all complemented by herbs freshly plucked from the garden.
The dessert course in this Escape's tasting menu is simple and sweet: a retreat amongst lush landscapes and soothing waters where you are, indeed, what you eat. As Padma would say, "Pack your knives and go." Right now.
"Guest rooms feature some form of local antiques, collectables, and original art and their private balconies are a perfect location to savor the fresh ocean air and catch glimpses of sea lions, otters, seals, and eagles in their natural environment."-- Puget Sound Magazine
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people
- Reservations are required and subject to availability (Valid only on new reservations)
- Taxes are not included and are payable upon time of voucher redemption
- Must book with property by 6/30/2011
- Stay dates 4/1/2011 - 6/30/2011; 10/15/2011 - 12/31/2011
- Breakfast and dinner are for 2 people
- Normal cancellation policy exists, violation of cancellation policy is cause for voucher forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 7/1/2011 - 10/14/2011
- Not valid during holidays or special events
- Voucher includes: 1 night in an ocean side luxury room, Premium BC sparkling wine in your room upon arrival, House made cholocate truffles, Gastronomical adventure ( 7 to 10 course dinner for two highlighting best seasonal engredients ), Hot breakfast for two served in the comfort of your room, Garden tour
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2011 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2016 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2011 • Enjoy By December 31, 2011
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings