Find Your Fortune in Decadent Del Mar
The Grand Del Mar • San Diego, CA
- A Three-Night Stay for Two in a King or Queen Grand Room, June 1 to 28
- Guaranteed Upgrade to a Fairway King Room Upon Check-In
When it comes to San Diego, you can bank on encountering a wealth of both natural wonders and city culture. Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve, for example, is one of the largest urban parks in the country, boasting seven square miles of trail-laced land, and it's just 25 minutes from downtown.
Nestled amid the preserve's 500 species of plants and more than 175 types of birds, The Grand Del Mar combines the Old World charm of a Mediterranean estate with the modern luxury of an elegant resort. Escape to California's only triple Five-Star destination for a three-night stay for two in a King or Queen Grand Room, June 1 to 28, with a guaranteed upgrade to a Fairway King overlooking the golf course ($803).
Set on 420 acres just five miles from the coast, The Grand Del Mar welcomes those searching for action as well as relaxation. The decadent property blends Spanish, Moroccan, Portuguese, and Italian designs, and gilded guests have taken notice—Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, TripAdvisor users, and AAA have all raved about it.
Round the long driveway, shaded by Canary Island date palms, and lose yourself in the resort's opulent landscape. As your bags are whisked through the marble-lined lobby, notice the Tom Fazio-designed golf course just outside, plus four heated pools, an equestrian center, two tennis courts, and a 21,000-square-foot spa.
Kick off your kicks in your Fairway King Room, sink into a goose-down pillow, and flip on the 40-inch LCD screen. There's even a 13-inch LCD TV inside the marble bathroom.
For a sumptuous dinner, head to Addison, Southern California's only Five-Star (Forbes) and Five-Diamond (AAA) restaurant. There, Chef William Bradley shines with dishes like razor clam risotto and black truffle ravioli, and sommelier Jesse Rodriguez has tailored a Wine Spectator Grand Award-winning wine list. Or, select from five other options on-site.
At some point, explore San Diego with the hotel's included shuttle service, valid within 14 miles of the property. Visit the Del Mar Race Track—Bing Crosby and Jimmy Durante were regulars—or make waves at SeaWorld and Mission Beach. Or, drive into San Diego proper for a stroll among the restaurants and funky boutiques of the pedestrian-friendly Hillcrest neighborhood.
How's that for proof that America's Finest City actually lives up to its nickname?
"If Hearst could do it all over again, this is how he might render his sprawling California castle."-- Condé Nast Traveler
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based on double occupancy only
- Not valid for existing reservations
- Blackout dates: June 9, 13, 14
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 28, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 28, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 28, 2012 • Enjoy By June 28, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings