Greek Getaway Fit for the Gods
Classic Escapes • Athens, Greece
- A Seven-Day Trip to Greece for One Guest from July 17 to 24 ($2,895), August 7 to 14 ($2,997), September 4 to 11 ($2,997), October 2 to 9 ($2,896), or October 23 to 30 ($2,997), Including:
- Round-Trip International Airfare from JFK to Athens International Airport with Departure Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Luggage Tags Included
- Round-Trip Escorted Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel and Pier
- Three Nights at the Royal Olympic Hotel or Similar and Three Nights in an Interior Cabin Aboard the MV Louis Olympia
- Daily Breakfast and All Meals on Ship
- Half-Day Athens City Sightseeing Tour Accompanied by English-Speaking Guide with Acropolis and Acropolis Museum Admission
Greece's contributions to history, science, and philosophy aside, the country's tradition of mythology and mysticism make it an otherworldly destination for sophisticated travelers. Embark on a week of wisdom and wonder on this Escape to Greece courtesy of Classic Escapes.
You'll take off on a seven-day trip from July 17 to 24 ($2,895 per person) or October 2 to 9 ($2,896 per person). Or opt to travel from August 7 to 14, September 4 to 11, or October 23 to 30 ($2,997 per person).* Your package covers round-trip international airfare with departure taxes, fuel surcharges, and luggage tags included; and round-trip escorted ground transportation from the airport to the hotel and pier.
After an overnight flight from JFK to Athens International Airport, you'll be escorted to the heavenly Royal Olympic hotel, an elegant property steps from the heart of Athens, where you'll spend the next two nights and receive daily breakfast.
An English-speaking guide will accompany you on an included half-day tour of Athens the next morning. A visit to the Acropolis—seat of the gods and monument to antiquity—and its new museum will leave a powerful impression. So too will the mathematically precise architecture of the Parthenon. Round out your tour with stops at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Royal Palace, the Temple of Zeus, and the city's famous flea market.
The following day's destination is the port city of Piraeus, where you'll set sail on a tour of the Greek Isles and coastal Turkey aboard the MV Louis Olympia, a 705-foot luxury vessel with three upscale restaurants, a casino, two pools, and a spa. You'll spend the next three nights in an interior cabin and receive all meals on ship.
After an evening on the cosmopolitan island of Mykonos, set out for the Turkish coastal towns of Kusadasi and Ephesus. Here you can purchase a shore excursion to Ephesus's ancient ruins and historical sites, including the House of the Virgin Mary and the Basilica of St. Peter.
You'll also swing by Patmos and Santorini, both famous for breathtaking sunsets. "Fantastic, fabulous Santorini deserves all the superlatives. Even the most jaded traveler succumbs to the awesome drama of this surreal landscape," says Lonely Planet. "The caldera and its vast curtain wall of multicolored cliffs is truly awesome."
Return to Piraeus early on the morning of day seven and travel back to your hotel for a final day of leisure in Athens. The next morning, you'll transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Greece is known for its ancient mythology, but this week's Escape is the real deal. Book now before it becomes a thing of the past.
For additional information, view the Classic Escapes full itinerary.
*All prices based on double occupancy. For single occupancy at the Royal Olympic hotel and in an interior cabin aboard the MV Louis Olympia, pay an additional $495 upon booking. Does not include port taxes, fuel surcharges on ship, hotel taxes, or entrance fees of $234 due upon booking.
"Lift your eyes 200 feet above the city to the Parthenon... Today, this shrine of classical form dominates a 21st-century boomtown. To experience Athens—Athína in Greek—fully is to understand the essence of Greece."-- Read Fodor's Review of Athens
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Prices are based on double occupancy; single supplement is an additional $495 depending on cabin category selected, due at booking
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Entrance fees, port taxes, fuel surcharges on boat and hotel taxes of $234 are not included and will be collected at booking
- Voucher includes ground transportation between airport, hotel and pier, a half-day Athens city sightseeing tour with Acropolis and Acropolis Museum entry and English-speaking guide, and complimentary luggage tags
- Voucher does not include, passport, visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas, gratuities to drivers, guides and other conveyance attendants, excess baggage charges levied by airlines, meals and beverages, other than specified, laundry and other items of a personal nature, personal and baggage insurance, cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2012 • Enjoy By October 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings