China: Good Times, Great Wall
Chinatour.com International • Beijing, China
- A 12-Day Trip and 10-Day Tour of China for One Guest Based on Double Occupancy ($1,935 to $2,035 Depending on Departure Date)
- Roundtrip Flights from JFK, LAX, or SFO to China and Between Domestic Flights Within China Included
- Superior Accommodations Throughout as Indicated or Similar
- English-Speaking Guide Throughout
- Daily Breakfasts in China, Six Lunches, and Three Dinners
- Sightseeing and Transfers
Sprouting from the fertile shores of the Yellow River—known as the cradle of Chinese civilization—The Middle Kingdom's sprawling landscape, with its vast deserts, subtropical forests, and towering mountains, forms the backdrop of the world's most populous country; more than 1.3 billion people call it home.
Explore China's rich cultural traditions and Escape to one of the world's premier travel destinations with a twelve-day trip and ten-day tour for one guest based on double occupancy from Chinatour.com International ($1,935 to $2035 depending on travel dates*).
Covering Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Hong Kong your expedition includes ten nights of five-star accommodations, eight breakfasts, six lunches, and three dinners, and round-trip flights from either JFK, LAX, or SFO international airport, as well as all domestic flights within China.
Kick off your adventure in the thriving capital city of Beijing where you'll take up residency in Traders Upper East Hotel Beijing—one of the city's most luxurious locales. Sip on a glass of robust wine from Magic Cup Bar, while lounging in the lobby outfitted with Xishan décor. A contemporary-style guest room awaits.
Once the imperial palace for both the Ming and Qing dynasties and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Forbidden City is just one of the historical monuments you'll visit during your tour of Beijing, where you'll also marvel at the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square.
After three days, you'll fly to Shanghai where you'll visit the magnificent Jade Buddha Temple and find respite in the Renaissance Putuo Shanghai .
"One of Shanghai's few active Buddhist monasteries, this temple was built between 1911 and 1918," says Lonely Planet. "The beautiful effigy of Sakyamuni, clearly Southeast Asian in style, gazes ethereally from a cabinet. "
In Suzou and Hangzhou, stroll through the Lingering Garden and board a boat on West Lake for a tour of the Su Causeway before arriving in the thriving metropolis of Hong Kong.
If it's not the city itself, then the five-star Langham Place hotel might be the trip's highlight. A 2012 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award Winner, this hotel offers innovative restaurants and bars, including the Michelin Star Ming Court, the luxury Chuan Spa, and a first-class pool and fitness studio—all just steps away from the subway.
"Hong Kong is a place to delight in," says Lonely Planet. "Utterly safe and fantastically well organised, it offers little moments of perfection."
Visit Victoria Peak with its awe-inspiring views of the city and harbor and the famous Floating Market.
Then fly back to Beijing before making your journey home to construct your own great wall of photos.
Whether traversing timeless landmarks or devouring the relics of historic dynasties, one fortune cookie rings true: Your future looks lucky indeed.
*From JFK: November 14 to 25, 2012 ($2,035); or November 28 to December 9, 2012
From LAX: November 22 to December 3, 2012 ($1,935); December 5 to 16, 2012 ($1,935); or January 17 to 28, 2013 ($1,935).
From SFO: December 5 to 16, 2012 ($1,899).
For additional information, view the full Chinatour.com International itinerary.
"Hong Kong is such a feast for the senses, it reminds me of a movie set. [When] I stand at the railing of the famous Star Ferry as it glides across the harbor... I can't help but think I must have somehow landed in the middle of an epic drama."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Voucher price is per person, based on two people traveling together
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Must confirm reservation 45 days prior to departure
- Voucher is valid for departure dates listed on voucher only
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Single occupancy supplement is $600; must mention at time of booking
- Reservations cannot be canceled once they are made. Any cancellations will be charged a full 10% of the entire trip price; cancellations must be faxed to Chinatour.com
- In addition to the cancellation fee from Chinatour.com, Penalties from Airlines or Train Companies apply if air or train tickets are issued
- Hotel is based on double occupancy, Chinatour.com reserves the right to substitute other hotels of equal value based on availability
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($169 per US passport, $114 for Canadian), other medical insurance, and trip cancellation insurance
- Service fee for drivers and local guide of $8 per day to be paid in China
- Groups will be canceled with 9 or less participants
- Taxes and airline fuel surcharges are included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 28, 2013 • Enjoy By January 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings