The Vibrant, Victorian Olympic Peninsula
Huber's INN Port Townsend • Port Townsend, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($189) or Fridays and Saturdays ($199) in the Best Available Room
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Wine and Chocolates Upon Arrival
- $10 Dining Credit at Alchemy Bistro and Wine Bar
On an errant notch of the Olympic Peninsula, bounded by the Puget Sound on one side and a Douglas fir-dotted landscape on the other, the Victorian hamlet of Port Townsend is a glowing tribute to a bygone era.
But what started as a bustling seaport has blossomed into a funky town abuzz with hip, youthful activity, from poetry readings and jazz nights to farmers' markets and festivals. Step back in time on this week's Escape to the eco-friendly Huber's INN Port Townsend, which delivers all the charm of Victorian architecture but none of the quirks (each room even has its own thermostat).
You'll get a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($189) or Fridays and Saturdays ($199), in the best available room, plus daily continental breakfast for two, a bottle of wine and chocolates upon arrival, and a $10 dining credit at Alchemy Bistro and Wine Bar.
The Kah-Thai Suite, appointed with a king-size bed and private bath, boasts views of a nearby lagoon, while the Garden Suite comes with two bedrooms—each with a queen-size bed—and a shared bathroom (perfect for two couples). Continental breakfast each morning is packed with treats like almond and orange gluten-free cake and organic brewed coffee or tea.
Once a booming city with hopes of becoming the West Coast's largest harbor, Port Townsend today is home to about 10,000 residents. But instead of longshoremen, you're likely to meet artists, travelers, and fun-seekers—the town is bustling with historical walking tours, boutiques, galleries, wine bars, and restaurants.
It all goes down about a mile east of the inn, in historic downtown. Each vibrant block offers colorful Victorian homes and stately red-brick buildings, earning the neighborhood a spot on the country's exclusive list of National Historic Landmark Districts, and a youthful energy at places like Sirens pub, equipped with a deck on the water.
Outdoor pursuits, meanwhile, are best fulfilled on the Larry Scott Memorial Trail, which starts just a quarter-mile from the inn and traverses a chain of bluffs to afford gorgeous coastal scenery.
After dinner at Alchemy, a new upscale eatery downtown serving the best of France, Italy, and Spain with a uniquely Pacific Northwest twist, head back to the inn and uncork that bottle of wine. Or save it. If it's anything like the town it came from, time will treat it well.
"The rooms are super cozy and there is also a beautiful side yard where you can watch the birds in the lagoon across the street. Robert and Leticia are wonderful hosts and can give you lots of advice on things to do in Port Townsend."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children allowed
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Limited 1 voucher per reservation
- Blue and Gold rooms have shared bathroom
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2012 • Enjoy By December 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings