Into the Woods of Mauricie
Auberge Le Baluchon • Saint-Paulin, Canada
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Luxury Room on Sundays through Fridays
- Full Breakfast for Two
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
With endless stretches of sugar maples and fir trees, nearly 180 species of fluttering birds, and endless trickling brooks and waterfalls, the lush Mauricie region of Québec feels like the backdrop to a fairy tale. Weave a wondrous story of your own with this Escape to Auberge Le Baluchon, a woodland French-Canadian hideaway that sits two hours outside Montreal and combines outdoorsman activities with luxe relaxation.
You and your prince or princess will kick back for one night, Sundays through Fridays, in a spacious luxury room in one of the resort's four lodges ($189). The De L'Archipel Lodge is surrounded by lush vegetation, while Auberge De La Rivière overlooks the lovely Du Loup River. Each softly lit, eco-minded room is appointed with locally crafted furniture, cushy beds (no need to bring a pea), deep tubs, and in some cases, a fireplace.
Sleeping beauties will wake up to breakfast dishes like eggs Benedict, pancakes, or French toast drizzled with housemade maple syrup. You'll have free access to canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, and even bows and arrows. Take a horse-drawn carriage (calèche) ride through the windmill-dotted landscape, or explore more than 13 miles of hiking trails on foot—no need to leave a path of breadcrumbs in your wake.
Then, check out the acclaimed Scandinavian-inspired spa, which features a traditional Nordic hot sauna and cold plunge pool, plus bamboo-cane massages, maple sugar exfoliations, and reflexology.
Come dinner time, the dining room is lauded for their locally sourced nouvelle cuisine. A five-course menu might include roasted quail with turnip fondant and orange sauce, shrimp flambéed in Pernod, and coffee parfait with dark beer chocolate cake.
The next morning, sleep in and enjoy a late 1 p.m. checkout. Happily ever after indeed.
"With its sprawling size and magnificent grounds, Le Baluchon is self-contained. Have a hankering for a microbrew? In the mood for an exhilarating gallop across the fields? Dying for a nibble of duck confit? There is no need to leave the property."-- The Montreal Gazette
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Up to 4 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are July 5, August 17, 20-21, 29-30, September 14, 16-20, September 24-26, and September 28
- Not valid on Saturdays
- Based upon double occupancy
- The following taxes will be collected at redemption, $2 Inn's Tax, 5% Goods & Services Tax, and 8.5% Provincial Sales Tax
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings