The Mellow of Modern-Day Turks & Caicos
Royal West Indies Resort • Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- A Four- ($672) or Seven-Night Stay ($1,176) for Two in a Studio Deluxe Room
- Or, a Four ($828) or Seven-Night Stay ($,1449) for Two in a One Bedroom Deluxe Suite
- First Ten Purchasers of the Seven-Night, One Bedroom Deluxe Suite Receive a $20 Food and Beverage Credit
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
More than just a mega-million-dollar movie plot, Caribbean piracy really hit its stride in the late 17th century. And the Turks and Caicos Islands, located 550 miles southwest of Miami, certainly saw their fair share of pillage. Today, however, it's more common to share cocktails fit with little umbrellas than it is to exchange cannonball fire on these tropical cays.
Trust us—the only remnants of piracy here lies in the charming colonial-style architecture of the Royal West Indies Resort, where you'll get a four- ($672) or seven-night stay ($1,176) for two in a Studio Deluxe room with this week's Escape. Or, opt for a four- ($828) or seven-night stay ($1,449) for two in a One Bedroom Deluxe Suite. The first ten purchasers of the One Bedroom Deluxe Suite will also receive a $20 food and beverage credit.
A short drive from the Providenciales Airport, this boutique resort—one of the first all-suite luxury resorts on the islands—boasts 5.5 acres of lush, well-manicured grounds punctuated by palm trees and free-form pools.
Each 540-square-foot Studio Deluxe room is appointed with dark-wood furniture, a king-size bed, a kitchenette, and a private ocean-view studio. For a roomier, more luxurious stay, allow the sun to wake you through the louvered shutters of a 1,004-square-foot one-bedroom ocean-view suite, which is fit with a king-size bed, oversize balcony, full kitchen, dining area, and pullout queen-size sofa bed. All rooms come with a TV, DVD player, and high-speed Internet.
The Turks and Caicos are a C-shaped archipelago of 40 islands and cays, only eight of which are populated. The Royal West Indies Resort is located on the largest of the islands, Providenciales—known locally as Provo—and situated centrally on eight sweeping miles of Grace Bay Beach, a white-sand oasis where the waters are turquoise and calm.
When you're not relaxing beachside with umbrella-clad cocktails, explore the third largest coral reef system in the world with a snorkel and fins or on scuba dives with one of many local dive operators. Several dive sites—where you might see stingrays, turtles, and dolphins—are as close as a ten-minute boat trip.
In addition to the spa services, freshwater pools, and restaurants on the resort grounds, several other attractions are within walking distance. Tee off at the Provo Golf Course (site of the 2009 Caribbean Amateur Championships) before browsing the Ports of Call shopping area for island souvenirs and Cuban cigars, then double down once more at the Casablanca Casino before making the five-minute walk back to the resort.
In the end, you'll see why pirates took such a liking to this tiny piece of tropical paradise.
"With a contemporary take on colonial architecture and the outdoor feel of a botanical garden, this unpretentious resort has plenty of garden-view and beachfront studios and suites for moderate self-catering budgets."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers are combinable
- Valid for travel August 15 to November 15, 2012
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Dates cannot be changed or re-scheduled; no extensions of promotion beyond expiration date
- Blackout dates are September 1-3, 2012
- Based upon double occupancy
- Airfare not included
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The Paid Value (i.e., the amount you paid for the Escapes Voucher) expires five years after the issue date on the Escapes Voucher (November 17, 2017), except that the Paid Value does not expire in CA, CT, FL, MA, ME, MN, MT, NH, ND, RI, and WA
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 15, 2012 • Enjoy By November 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings