For Outdoor Activities, Colorado Has the Goods
Aspen Canyon Ranch • Parshall, CO
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a River Cabin Room
- $100 Credit for Activities or Food
Meet someone from Colorado and they are usually (in the same manner as a native of New Orleans) very proud of the place they call home. Why shouldn't they be? Snow-drenched mountains in the winter, meadows of wildflowers in the summer, and a roster of high-altitude outdoor activities that just won't quit. They've got the goods—and we want them.
Just two hours from Denver sits a 500-acre property surrounded by the snow-capped Gore Range, tall aspen groves, and lots of government-owned land (read: undisturbed nature): Aspen Canyon Ranch. Escape for two nights to a River Cabin Room ($199), one of the cabin's four private units—complete with private bathrooms, gas fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, ceiling fans, and rustic mountain décor. You'll also receive a $100 credit to use toward activities or food.
The fly-fishing? Some of the state's best. But if casting on Williams Fork River seems a bit out of your league, brush up on your skills with one of the ranch's professional guides during a private or group fly-fishing lesson. Tip: Start at the property's private ponds, stocked with rainbow and native cutthroat trout, to give your ego a bit of a boost.
Later, miles of trails in the surrounding Arapaho National Forest wait to be explored, whether it's by foot, mountain bike, or horseback.
"The wranglers did a great job of matching us with an appropriate horse (I'm not a rider, but my kids have been taking riding lessons). There was a choice of rides, from easy to adventurous, and rides up to the top of the mountain for dinner and one for breakfast," says a previous guest on TripAdvisor. "The view from everywhere is so beautiful."
And if you've never ridden atop a four-wheeler, rent an ATV and head to the backcountry. Or, give in to the calling of the Upper Colorado River rapids and have the lodge prepare a picnic lunch to tuck into your dry bag.
As your action-packed day starts to wind down, plant yourself in the cabin's hot tub—a cure-all for tired muscles—before dinner at the lodge and stargazing by the campfire.
Those with Colorado license plates do have all the fun, but so can the out-of-towners. At least, every once in a while.
"We were excited to find so many activities offered, including a wonderful horseback riding tour. If you want to visit nature while having all the amenities of a comfortable vacation, this is the place to go!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per purchaser, 1 additional as a gift
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Stay must be completed by: November 12, 2012
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Lodging tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes $100 to spend toward any one activity (choose form: ATV, Horseback Riding, Fishing Lessons, or Trap/Skeet Shooting) or at the restaurant (not valid on beverages)
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Handicap-accessible rooms are not available
- Guests may bring their own food but cannot utilize the lodge for personal dining
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 11, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 11, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 11, 2012 • Enjoy By November 11, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings