A Presidential Retreat in the Potomac River Valley
Lansdowne Resort • Leesburg, VA
- A One-Night Stay for Up to Two Adults and Two Kids, Sundays through Thursdays ($260) or Fridays and Saturdays ($284), in a Deluxe Room
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Two Adults and Two Kids, Sundays through Thursdays ($279) or Fridays and Saturdays ($349), in a Deluxe Room
- Daily Buffet Breakfast for Two Adults and Two Kids
- $100 Resort Credit
- Bottle of Champagne
- Valet Parking and Resort Fee
If George Washington's home on the Potomac had been this well-appointed, he would never have left home to fight the Revolution. Leave the battles of work or skirmishes between offspring behind to luxuriate in AAA Four Diamond accommodations at the Lansdowne Resort in Loudoun County, Virginia.
Treat yourself to the spoils of this week's one- ($260 for Sundays through Thursdays; $284 for Fridays and Saturdays) or two-night ($279 for Sundays through Thursdays; $349 for Fridays and Saturdays) Escape, which includes a deluxe room stocked with thoughtful amenities for up to two adults and two kids, daily buffet breakfast, a bottle of champagne, valet parking, and the resort fee.
You'll feel like an important general stealing away to your stately country manor at this expansive 500-acre resort. Keep your physical training current by taking a swim in the indoor/outdoor aquatic complex, shooting a round of golf on 45 holes designed by Robert Trent Jones, II and Greg Norman, and hiking the miles of outdoor paths along the scenic Potomac River.
Or, conversely, you can surrender to sybaritic rest and relaxation at the serene 12,000-square-foot Spa Minérale, where your $100 resort credit will come in handy. Savor the finest fare at five on-site dining options that offer everything from casual pub fare to haute cuisine—all given rave reviews by past guests.
"On The Potomac restaurant serves a seasonal menu with fresh fish options," says Fodor's Review of Lansdowne Resort. The adjacent Riverside Hearth overlooks an 18-hole golf course and driving range, and boasts a large variety of menu options for breakfast and lunch.
Survey the land and immerse yourself in its terroir by sipping a peppery cabernet franc or plumy merlot at one of Loudoun County's 30 wineries, many of which are located within 25 minutes of the resort. Lansdowne is also just 40 minutes north of the monuments in DC and, of course, Washington's own Mount Vernon Estate.
Leave the wooden teeth, apple tree axe, and powdered wig behind—this week's Escape is all about unscheduled liberty.
"... this luxurious complex between Leesburg and Dulles airport is one of Virginia's better all-around resorts. An indoor pool off a full-service spa opens to no less than four outdoor pools with water slides and other contraptions... "-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 7/10-11, 7/14, 7/21, 9/5-9/15, 9/18-19, 9/22, 9/30, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17-10/19, and 10/22-10/23
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • Enjoy By December 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings