Spinning Away in Cannon Falls
Quill and Quilt Bed & Breakfast • Cannon Falls, MN
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room, Checking in on Sundays through Thursdays ($139)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room, Checking in on Fridays and Saturdays ($166)
- Daily Breakfast
Tired of waiting on pins and needles for your significant other to surprise you with a weekend getaway? Take matters into your own hands and craft a trip to Cannon Falls, Minnesota, with this week's Escape to the Quill and Quilt Bed & Breakfast.
Unspool for a two-night weekday (Sundays through Thursdays; $139) or weekend (Fridays and Saturdays; $166) stay for two in a queen room.
The beautifully maintained home, built in 1897 and just an hour from Minneapolis, knits together the perfect retreat: each of the guest rooms boasts a private bathroom, whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, TVs with DVD players, and many inviting small touches.
In the morning, enjoy a gourmet breakfast—including baked eggs, homemade pastries, freshly ground coffee, and more—that will leave you bursting at the seams. (Breakfast is homemade on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and provided by The Old Market Deli on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.)
Bring your own wheels or rent a bike from Cannon Falls Canoe and Bike Rental and spin along the wooded 20-mile Cannon Valley Trail all the way to Red Wing, Minnesota (once the snow starts to fall, the trail is also groomed for cross-country skiers). Hikers will want to check out Nerstrand-Big Woods State Park, especially during the fall foliage, while skiers can tailor their trip with a day on the slopes at Welch Village Ski & Snowboard Resort, only a short drive from the B&B.
Later, point yourself in the direction of Cannon River Winery and indulge in a patchwork of different wines—including the dry Cannon River Reserve or the crisp St. Pepin. (Note: The winery is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter months.) Just be sure to weave back to the B&B in time for a full-body massage in the private spa suite (an additional fee).
Chock-full of modern amenities and Old World elegance, the Quill and Quilt Bed & Breakfast is no doubt a purl among properties. After all, you deserve an Escape that's sew sublime.
"The breakfast menu was wonderful, with many organic foods from local merchants. We enjoyed a wine tasting at the local winery, just a few blocks away, and a stroll on the great trails by the falls. The room was very cozy with its own fireplace."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per purchaser
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- First available stay date: October 11, 2012
- Stay must be completed by: April 18, 2013
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: November 21-22, 2012, December 22-25, 2012, February 13-17, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes daily breakfast for two provided by The Old Market Deli on Monday, Wednesday & Thursday mornings and in-house Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Tuesday
- Massages available for $25 for every 30 minutes; massages must be reserved at time of room reservations and are by appointment only
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 18, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2013 • Enjoy By April 18, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings