In the Mediterranean, Docking at the Must-Sees
Key Tours International • Rome, Italy
- A Seven-Night Mediterranean Cruise and One Night in Rome for One Guest on Select Dates, Including:
- Optional Round-Trip Flights from NYC to Rome and Airport Taxes
- Seven Nights on the MSC Splendida Cruise Ship
- One Night at Rome's River Palace Hotel
- All Meals Onboard the Ship and Breakfast in Rome
- One-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus in Rome
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport, Baggage Handling, and Inclusion in ASTA TOP Travel Funds Protection Program
The ports along the Mediterranean are so accessible to iconic cities and accompanying landmarks that it's easy to feel the need to see them all. But organizing that all on your own sounds like chaos. Enter Key Tours International and a ten-day Escape filled with must-sees.
Let the sea be your map along Europe's western edge when you board MSC Cruises's Splendida ship on select dates in September, October, and November ($999 to $2,099*; prices based on double occupancy). Choose whether or not to include round-trip flights from NYC to Rome, and then check off the items on your inclusive list: first-class accommodations, round-trip ground transportation from airport, and meals. MSC Cruises was selected as one of the Best Large-Ship Cruise Lines in 2012 by readers of Travel + Leisure and boasts less gold and clutter and more marble and clean lines than typical American ships.
After your arrival in Rome, take to the high seas en route to Genoa and explore the birthplace of Christopher Columbus and Portofino. The next day, you'll dock in Barcelona, where you can spend the day roaming Park Güell, staring up at la Sagrada Família, and strolling Las Ramblas.
You may be tempted to make the most of the pillow bar and your high-definition TV during your fifth day at sea, but don't give in entirely: A ten-pin bowling alley, Formula 1 simulator, 4-D cinema, and duty-free shopping can also keep you occupied until you port in Tunisia.
"... Tunisia is prime territory for a straightforward sun-sand-and-sea holiday," says Lonely Planet. "But beyond the beaches, it's a thrilling, underrated destination where distinct cultures and incredible extremes of landscape can be explored in just a few days."
The next stop is Valletta, a Unesco World Heritage site and the capital of Malta. Stroll Republic Street to make your way to the Grand Master's Palace—built more than 400 years ago—and the Baroque churches.
Later, hop aboard for a jaunt to Messina, where a leisurely, optional excursion to Mount Etna or a drive along the Sicilian coast will mark your eighth day on tour.
Spend your last full day admiring The Eternal City with a voucher for a hop-on, hop-off bus tour. Stop by the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, St. Peter's Basilica, the Trevi Fountain, and more, and then take in a panoramic view from atop Piazzale Garibaldi. Later, return to your accommodations for the night: the River Palace Hotel.
Scoop up this Escape and you'll only need to plan to be as easygoing as the sea.
For additional information, view the full itinerary.
*Depart September 21, October 5, October 12, October 19, November 2, November 9, or November 16, 2012 ($999)
Including Round-Trip Flights: September 21 ($2,099); October 5, 12, or 19 ($2,099); or November 2, 9, or 16 ($1,999)
"MSC’s mostly-European crowd isn’t looking for the giant ziplines and skating rinks typical of American cruise ships. Instead, the fleet offers refined service and well-curated itineraries in both popular and less-visited destinations."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by August 17, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $250 for any date changes
- The cost of all airline tickets and airport taxes are non-refundable after a booking is confirmed with Key Tours International
- Based upon double occupancy; single supplement is $700 collected at booking
- Vouchers include all meals onboard the ship, breakfast in Rome, and a one-day pass for hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus in Rome with audio commentary
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, gratuities to drivers and local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, personal expenses, optional tours
- Airline tax and fuel surcharges included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 16, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 16, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 16, 2012 • Enjoy By November 16, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings