A Splash of Colorful Life in the Desert
The Saguaro Palm Springs • Palm Springs, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in an Upgraded Pool View or Pool View Patio Room (Based on Availability), Sundays through Thursdays ($72) or Fridays and Saturdays ($102) between Now and September 30
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in an Upgraded Pool View or Pool View Patio Room (Based on Availability), Sundays through Thursdays ($105) or Fridays or Saturdays ($135) between October 1 and December 30
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Two Nights
The technicolor palette decking the walls of The Saguaro Palm Springs is an apt welcome to Southern California's favorite getaway town.
Despite the dark, menacing San Jacinto Mountains behind it, The Saguaro, which opened in February, maintains a decidedly upbeat vibe, not only with its vivid rainbow of reds, greens, blues, yellows, purples, and pinks—12 shades in all—but also with its perpetual pool party, creative cuisine, and aim-to-please staff.
Let the sunshine in with this week's Escape: a one-night stay for two in an upgraded Pool View or Pool View Patio Room (based on availability), Sundays through Thursdays ($72) or Fridays or Saturdays ($102) between now and September 30, or Sundays through Thursdays ($105) or Fridays or Saturdays ($135) between October 1 and December 30
Also apt: The trend-setting hospitality group that runs the show at this 245-room hotel. Joie de Vivre translates as "the joy of living," and what a joy it is at The Saguaro. Check in to your room, with views of the pool and courtyard, and soak up 275 square feet of sunny, chic accommodation. Each is appointed with a king or two queen beds, a sitting area with flat-screen TV, a work station, handcrafted Mexican furniture, and luxury bath products and linens.
Go for a dip in the Olympic-size pool, which is lined with canary-yellow chaises and mature palm trees. It's the centerpiece of this design-forward enclave in the desert, and it's bustling with sun gods and goddesses, especially with the full bar that's propped up poolside. At night, join under-the-stars revelry around the fire pit.
But not before you indulge in dinner. At the helm of Tinto, the on-site restaurant, Chef Jose Garces has assembled a shining menu of Basque-style pinxtos. Like tapas, pintxos are served in small portions, and the chef's menu includes the likes of lamb-loin brochetas with bacon and sherry jus, and truffled chestnut soup with duck and mushroom hash. The wine list, a fitting tribute to the appellations of Northern Spain and Southern France, is equally tantalizing, with about a dozen wines by the glass, 50-plus by the bottle, and a handful of cocktails, to boot.
Palm Springs may be dry, but this vivid new addition to the scene is anything but. Jump in, make a splash, and celebrate the colors and flavors of the desert with this week's Escape.
"Architects Peter Stamberg and Peter Aferiat from NYC-based Stamberg Aferiat Architecture are responsible for this remarkable oasis of color, and its thematic spectrum resounds through the entire project."-- Hypebeast
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 1 additional as gifts
- Offers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Voucher does not include 15.56% taxes and $18 daily resort fee
- There is a $20 nightly charge for each additional guest over 2
- Voucher can only be used for the specific dates noted on the voucher
- Property is pet friendly
- Blackout dates are Sept 1-2, Oct 9-13
- Must check in by the last date noted on voucher
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • Enjoy By December 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings