An All-American Fall in the Mountains
Balsam Mountain Inn • Balsam, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Regular Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine
- Full-Size Bath Amenities Gift Basket
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
The Blue Ridge Parkway's tagline? "America's Favorite Drive." But it isn't just fishing for compliments: The 469-mile All-American Road (one of 31 in the US, per the US Department of Transportation) that stretches through the Appalachians was named one of America's Most Iconic Drives by Travel + Leisure and continues to rack up awards, particularly during the fall.
Quite the media darling when it comes to the foliage, the area has earned rave reviews for its turning leaves: the red maples! the golden poplars! the orange beeches! Of course, a roadside motel won't do for a fall getaway. Enter the Balsam Mountain Inn, tucked between the cloud-caressing Plott Balsam and Richland Balsam mountain ranges about 30 miles from Asheville.
This Neoclassical-style outpost first opened its doors in 1908; today, it's fully restored and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The mansard roof is still intact and the halls are lined with an array of modern and historic artwork.
Stay for two nights in a regular room, including a full-size bath amenities gift basket featuring items from the Hazelwood Soap Co. and the Greenwich Bay Trading Co. ($183).
Cruise along the Blue Ridge Parkway, located a mere quarter-mile from the inn and named one of America's Best Fall Color Drives by Travel + Leisure, or hike along Waterrock Knob, the highest peak of the Plott Balsam range with an elevation of 6,292 feet.
In the evening, sip an included bottle of wine and order dinner in the inn's dining room. "The restaurant is fabulous—softly lighted, with warm wood tones. It gets an 'A' for atmosphere and cuisine, especially the mountain trout. A sumptuous breakfast awaits in the morning," says Southern Living. And sumptuous it is, with a rotating menu that may include caramelized French toast, eggs Elizabethan, or cracked pepper biscuits with gravy and grits.
A welcome detour from the daily routine, this Escape feels like pumpkins and cozy sweaters do in the fall: downright American.
"It's set in a drop-dead-gorgeous part of the mountains, overlooking the little town of Balsam. Lying just a quarter of a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway, the inn was constructed in a neoclassical style, with a mansard roof and wraparound porches."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined for up to 4 nights
- Valid for travel until 5/31/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Please book as early as you can, and in any event no later than April 30, 2013
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on holidays
- Based upon double occupancy
- Upgrades available
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings