From Ruins to Royalty in Angkor Wat
Globotours • Singapore, Singapore
- An Eight-Day Trip to Angkor Wat and Singapore for One Guest ($2,199 to $2,549 Depending on Departure Dates) Including:
- Round-Trip Flights via Singapore Airlines from IAH, LAX, SFO, or JFK
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airports, Hotels, and Sightseeing Destinations
- Three Nights in a Superior Room at Tara Angkor Hotel and Two Nights in a Superior Room at RiverFront Hotel with Daily American Buffet Breakfast
- Guided Sightseeing Tours
You may be familiar with Western architecture, but Eastern design has an exotic aesthetic all its own. See for yourself with this week's eight-day Escape to Angkor Wat and Singapore, engineered by Globotours.
Your Escape includes round-trip flights via Singapore Airlines. Depart between September 1 and November 30, 2012 from Houston's IAH ($2,199), California's LAX or SFO ($2,199), or New York's JFK ($2,299). Or, leave between January 7 and March 25, 2013 from IAH ($2,299), LAX or SFO ($2,399), or JFK ($2,549). Round-trip ground transportation between airports, all hotels, and sightseeing destinations and daily American buffet breakfast are included.
Begin your model getaway in Siem Reap, Cambodia, where you'll spend three nights in a Superior Room at the Tara Angkor Hotel. You'll trace the history of early Khmer architecture, starting with the Preah Ko, Bakong, and Lolei temples of the the ninth and tenth centuries, then reaching the graceful 11th-century Shiva and Ta Prohm temples.
On your final day in Cambodia, sketch your plans around visiting the ancient city of Angkor. Tour the ruins of the Royal Palace, the Elephant Terraces, and the Leper King Terrace, before spending the afternoon marveling at the famous temple of Angkor Wat, the world's largest religious monument. Its five towers represent the peaks of Mount Meru, the mythical center of the Hindu universe.
Next, travel to Singapore, where you'll spend two nights in a Superior Room at the Furama RiverFront hotel. Embark on a guided tour of the city, before scaling back your activities and spending the rest of your time at leisure. Modern Singapore swells with new development, but its richly textured past is never far from view if you know where to look.
The Singapore Botanic Gardens blossom with history. "The past settles around you as you wander the vaults of the venerable botanical garden," says Travel + Leisure, "where century-and-a-half-old banyans rise from buttressed roots, where orchids are trained to grow into through-the-looking-glass archways, and where frangipani trees scatter their sweet-smelling blossoms all over, lending the place an air of floral deshabille."
Once you've seen the wonders of Angkor Wat and Singapore, you'll look at architecture from a whole new angle. Consider this week's Escape your blueprint for an awe-inspiring adventure.
"The feats of engineering and the heights of artistry evident in Angkor Wat, the most famous of the roughly 290 ancient temples packed into a 150-square-mile area, defy the senses."-- Departures
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by September 5, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- All prices are per person and based on double occupancy
- Rate for extra nights is available upon request; subject to availability and must be confirmed at booking
- Single supplement is $450 per person and will be collected at booking
- $60 per person additional for Friday through Sunday departures
- Air surcharge applies
- Tour prices include all fuel surcharges and US departure taxes, Los Angeles at $819, San Francisco at $781, Houston at $790, New York at $781
- Prices do not include Cambodia visa fee and departure fees of approx. $25 each per person upon arrival at Siem Reap Airport (one passport photo is required)
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation between airports, hotels, and sightseeing destinations, three nights in a Superior Room at Tara Angkor Hotel and two nights in a Superior Room at RiverFront Hotel with daily American buffet breakfast
- Blackout dates are during the Formula 1 period September 20-23, 2012
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 25, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 25, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 25, 2013 • Enjoy By March 25, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings