Colonial Ease on the Lazy Delaware River
The Lily Inn • Burlington, NJ
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays or Saturdays ($150), in The Bird Room, The Samuel Allison Room, or The Mary Smith Room
- $50 Credit Toward an In-Room Massage
- $25 Credit Toward Dinner at Café Gallery
Philadelphia, The City of Brotherly Love, is chockablock with historic sites and contemporary cuisine, raucous nightlife and busy-bee tech types. But brotherly love? You'd be lucky to make eye contact with your waiter.
The city, however, is but a 30-minute ride on the River Line from Burlington, New Jersey, an impeccably maintained colonial town on the Delaware River that—dare we say—is the region's real City of Brotherly Love, a place where nobody's a stranger and the Georgian-style architecture gives Philly's Society Hill a run for its charm.
Stroll the quiet streets of this 17th-century hamlet—the same streets that Ulysses S. Grant and James Fenimore Cooper once traveled—on this week's Escape to The Lily Inn, a bed and breakfast just one block from the riverfront. You'll get a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays or Saturdays ($150).
And there's more to love: You'll get a $50 credit toward an in-room massage and a $25 credit toward dinner at Café Gallery.
Choose between The Bird Room, The Samuel Allison Room, or The Mary Smith Room, each on the second floor of this five-room inn. Overlooking High Street, The Bird Room, done up in sky-blue hues, is appointed with two sleigh beds, rich hardwood floors, and a shower with tub. The Samuel Allison Room and The Mary Smith Room both feature queen-size four-poster beds, fireplaces, and showers.
Step out of the inn and across the street for dinner at Café Gallery, where you'll be greeted with a traditional French menu. Start with duck pâté or escargots, move on to filet mignon with seasonal vegetables and a glass of Cabernet, and finish with dessert. The restaurant is also open for Sunday buffet brunch and every day for lunch.
During the day, walk historic High Street and pop into any of the many antiques shops (such as Antique Emporium and Philip's Furniture), each inevitably run by genial shopkeepers who are as happy to chat with customers as they are to sell their wares. Or, rent a kayak for a paddle down the easy-flowing Delaware.
After an in-room massage tailored to your needs by a professional massage therapist, you'll leave this town of about 10,000 people feeling rested and rejuvenated. And, who knows, you might even leave having made a new friend.
"By far, this is the best B&B that I have stayed in. The place is beautiful—quaint town, rich in history, and the host and hostess absolutely make you feel like family. Would I stay there again? Without hesitation."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2012 • Enjoy By October 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings