Back in Time in Tahoe
Tahoma Meadows Bed & Breakfast Cottages • Tahoma, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Cottage
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast and Afternoon Wine and Cheese
- Choice of Waived Pet Fee or Gift Basket with Wine and Snacks
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
There's a reason salmon risk life and—er, fin—to return to Lake Tahoe every year: 260 days of sunshine, as much as 500 inches of annual snowfall, and a lake so clear you can see a silver dollar shining at 50 feet deep.
But you don't have to risk anything to embark on this Escape to Tahoma Meadows Bed & Breakfast Cottages, set on the decidedly low-key west shore of Lake Tahoe. Make your way to this throwback property—an heirloom of Tahoe circa 1920—for a two-night stay for two in a queen cottage ($189).
Your cozy cottage comes complete with queen bed, fireplace, private entrance, and claw-foot soaking tub and shower. You won't need your sled dog to get here, but he's welcome at no charge—this charming inn is a recent winner of the Golden Bone Award for exceptional service from The Dog Lover's Companion to California. If you don't plan on bringing along a canine companion, choose a gift basket full of wine and snacks instead.
Wake up to gourmet family-style breakfast in the common room, where views abound—it becomes clear why this sanctuary was voted Best Bed and Breakfast on KCRA's A-List in 2009. When you've had your fill, get outside and explore the towering Jeffrey pine forests.
If nature is your bag, branch out for a hike along the trails of nearby Cascade Creeks Falls. As you navigate the mile-long route, you'll enjoy spectacular views of the 200-foot falls as well as Cascade Lake. A few minutes away is Sugar Pine Point State Park, where you can stroll along Lake Tahoe's shores and even spot majestic bald eagles. Or, witness thousands of spawning salmon on Taylor Creek.
In the afternoon, you'll head back to the cottages for included wine and cheese. All of this appetizing is just a warm-up to the main event: delicious dining at one of the area's many restaurants. For lunch, Obexer's General Store in Homewood serves deli-style sandwiches just steps from the Tahoe Maritime Museum. Or treat yourself to a romantic dinner at the lakefront Sunnyside Restaurant, a local favorite.
Don't let this Escape be the one that got away. When it comes to vacations, there may be other fish in the sea, but this one's the catch of a lifetime.
"It's hard to beat this serene property for atmosphere and woodsy charm... Individually decorated little red cottages sit beneath towering pine trees. Inside, they're cheerful, with fun details like model ships on the shelf and a stuffed bear on the bed."-- Read Fodor's Review of Tahoma Meadows Bed & Breakfast Cottages
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for stays & travel from October 15 through December 13, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Valid on the B&B Cottage, cottage with a queen bed and gas log fireplace with small private bath. Based on double occupancy
- Pet friendly, if approved and booked in advanced, fees apply
- Additional person fees may apply, $25/guest/night
- Upgrades may be available at the time of booking, for extra fee paid directly to the property. Upgrade for a king cottage $10 per night. Upgrade to a standalone cottage for $25 per night (Birdhouse or Mt. Hideaway). Upgrade to a kitchen suite for $50 per night (Angler, Boathouse, Edelweiss or Aspen)
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Thanksgiving holiday (Nov 21-24) available for an additional $25/night payable to property upon booking; other blackout dates may apply
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 13, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 13, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 13, 2012 • Enjoy By December 13, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings