Heritage and History in Williamsburg
Greensprings Vacation Resort • Williamsburg, VA
- A Three-Night Stay for Two in a Two-Bedroom Suite
Before the US became a Nobel Prize-winning machine, before we were a world entertainment mecca, and before we put a man on the moon, we were chopping wood with axes and driving horse-drawn carts in small settlements in coastal Virginia. If the sound of a fife fluttering through colonial-era melodies makes your heart go pitter-patter to the beat of a marching snare drummer, set forth to Williamsburg, Virginia, in the Historic Triangle, where it all began.
Escape to the cobblestone streets of colonial times without reverting to pre-Revolutionary comforts with a three-night stay for two in a two-bedroom suite at the Greensprings Vacation Resort in Williamsburg ($299). Guests are also responsible for paying a $250 incidental deposit, which will be reimbursed upon checkout.
Rooms are fit with Jacuzzi spa tubs and fireplaces, and you'll have full access to the exercise room, tennis courts, and indoor and outdoor pools. If all the throwbacks to yesteryear confuse your sense of time, a round of golf at the adjacent Jack Nicklaus-designed course offers a 21st century refuge.
Don your tricorne hat and trace the footsteps of our former presidents and statesmen in Williamsburg. Sit in for witch trials, work as a spy for the Revolution, and dress up your children in 18th century costumes. Then, catch the drama of the revolutionary birth of our country through interactive reenactments so thorough you might forget the militia men training in Market Square are just actors.
Afterward, get a real taste of the 18th century at The King's Arms Tavern. It opened in 1772 and serves classic dishes—far tastier than their colonial counterparts—like game pie and chop of shoat.
Located nearby, along the Colonial Parkway, are Jamestown and Yorktown, the other two corners of the Historic Triangle. Jamestown, the site of the first permanent English settlement in America, features re-creations of Native American villages, a colonial fort, and a living history museum of replica ships, while Yorktown offers a chance to explore the site where General Cornwallis surrendered to George Washington in the last land battle of the Revolutionary War.
Regardless of how well-versed you are in Revolutionary War history, the best part about this Escape is that you can discover and revel in all the drama of the birth of America while already knowing how it all turns out. And that makes this the feel-good trip of the year.
"The staff was very helpful and the place was HUGE. With all the amenities and space (especially if you have kids), you cannot beat the price!"-- Tripadvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 11/22-11/24 and 11/30-12/2
- A $250 incidental deposit is collected at check-in and returned at check-out pending no damage or missing items to the room
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • Enjoy By December 20, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 64% savings