A Taste of Carolina Cuisine and Class
The Inn of the Patriots • Grover, NC
- A One- ($97) or Two-Night ($177) Stay for Two with a Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two, an In-Room Sweet-Treat Plate Upon Arrival, an Autographed Cooking Booklet, a Winery Tour for Two at Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyards, and Two Tickets to the Presidential Culinary Museum
- Dinner and a Four-Hour Cooking Class for One ($100) , Wednesdays and Saturdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., with a Former White House Chef
- A Jam-Jelly-Preserves-and-Canning Class for One ($40) with The Presidential Culinary Museum Chefs, Saturdays at 11 a.m.
- Or, a Naples Gourmet-Pizza-Making-and-Eating Class for One ($40) with The Presidential Culinary Museum Chefs, Sundays through Fridays at 11 a.m.
Eat like a king—or better yet, a president—on this gourmet getaway to The Inn of the Patriots in Grover, North Carolina, just 40 minutes west of Charlotte.
Here's the dish: The inn was built in 1879 and is owned by Marti Mongiello, a former chef at the White House and Camp David. The Today Show has sung Mongiello's and his wife Stormy's praises, and they are now serving up delicious fare and teaching tastemakers at this B&B in the former Hambright family mansion.
The guest rooms are a mix of American, European, and Asian décor and feature luxurious robes, satellite TV, and DVD players. Your stay will also be garnished with sweets—including a sweet treat plate upon arrival.
Each morning, the chefs will roll out a three-course gourmet breakfast for two to enjoy in your room, the dining room, or the garden. Guests that opted for a cooking class will blend together for an afternoon in the kitchen with Chef Mongiello or one of the Culinary Museum's chefs.
Food and history are paired beautifully at the mansion's Culinary Museum, where presidential china, photos, and the chef's culinary medals are on display. Tour the Hambright Mansion and museum before pouring a libation or two during a tasting at nearby Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard & Winery in Fallston.
Back at the inn, start a game of horseshoes, croquet, or bocce on the lawn or savor a drink by the fire pit. The next night, head to Ni Fen Bistro to treat yourself to a wonderful world of cuisine accompanied by more than 100 wines by the glass and craft beers. After dinner, let the memories of the day marinate before sticking a fork in your tasty getaway.
Poach this Escape to The Inn of the Patriots, and add a little zest to your vacation schedule—this North Carolina countryside retreat is always deliciously seasoned.
"The inn was very cozy and quaint. The chefs made us feel right at home, and their food was delicious. My husband and I are foodies—that's what brought us to the inn—and we will return not only for the food, but also for the relaxing atmosphere."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 90 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes are not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 26, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 26, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 26, 2013 • Enjoy By December 26, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings