Happily Ever After in the Bay Area
Berkeley City Club • Berkeley, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room
- Hot Buffet Breakfast for Two
- Combine Up to Three Vouchers for a Total of Three Nights of Stay
Take a cue from Cinderella: Glass slippers are not made for travel. Don a pair of comfortable flats instead for your getaway to the Berkeley City Club, nicknamed the "little castle." Escape with your Prince Charming for an overnight stay in a standard room ($89) at the historical landmark, just across the bay from San Francisco.
Once upon a time, Hearst Castle architect Julia Morgan designed this building as a women's social club complete with verdant gardens, interior courtyards, a ballroom, and a heated indoor swimming pool. Step away from your carriage and into your guest room, where a soft bed and views of the Berkeley Hills or San Francisco Bay await.
Have a ball touring the town and browsing the shops along Telegraph Avenue. The hotel is only a block from the UC Berkeley campus, and six blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART station and public transportation. Later, waltz through the Regional Parks Botanic Garden to see native plants of the Golden State in bloom.
"Berkeley is a lively city teeming with all types of people, a beautiful campus, vast parks, great shopping, and some incredible restaurants," says Frommer's.
If your stomach is growling like an evil stepmother, head down to the hotel's dining room. Or, grab a bite at Venus and have your wish for delicious food granted. Bite into seasonal, organic dishes like parsnip gnocchi with nettles or steamed Tomales Bay muscles, and you'll taste why the San Francisco Chronicle calls this restaurant "a place to watch."
The clock won't strike midnight for a few hours, giving you plenty of time to dance around the city. Catch a live performance at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Cal Performances, or Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse—all within a half-mile of the hotel—before turning in for the evening.
After getting plenty of beauty rest, enjoy an included hot breakfast buffet in the dining room before the enchanting fairy tale comes to an end.
After all, who needs a Fairy Godmother? All it takes is a touch of the wand (read: mouse click) for a magical getaway to the Bay Area.
"This is the place to stay in Berkeley if you enjoy great architecture and a relaxed, unique, historic atmosphere. The location is great for getting around downtown Berkeley and the campus."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for stays from September 11 – December 31, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Up to three vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Not valid toward a current reservation, group room blocks or wedding room blocks
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings