The Very Bavarian Side of Washington
Adventure Inn • Leavenworth, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Adults in a Two-Bedroom Suite, Sundays through Thursdays
What do the oft-romanticized and forever-ogled Bavarian Alps have that our own ranges in the Western United States don't? Lederhosen, a ginger-bread architectural style, and a hot talent pool of polka tubists, perhaps. But Leavenworth—Washington's very own Bavarian village tucked into a nook of the Cascade Mountains—is not your typical American town.
This Escape willkommens you and three guests to Adventure Inn, nestled in the heart of this Pacific Northwest curiosity about two hours east of Seattle, for a two-night stay for up to four adults in a two-bedroom suite, Sundays through Thursdays ($139).
Located at the gateway to Waterfront Park and adjacent to the trails set along the Wenatchee River, this nine-suite inn is just a block and a half from one of the most cutesy-romantic main streets of small-town America—especially in winter, when the fresh snow rests on the roofs of retro A-frames and balconied restaurants. And every Friday and Saturday in October, Leavenworth becomes the host of a raucous Oktoberfest, replete with a Bavarian keg-tapping ceremony and a few dirndls for good measure.
Though to think of Leavenworth, which began its Alpine facelift in the 1960s, as only a destination for lovers of the über-kitsch is to misplace it. Its setting beside the dramatically steep mountains of the Cascade Range gives the sense that the village really could be set in the Alps: During the winter, it's a popular destination for downhill skiers and snowboarders who navigate the runs of Stevens Pass and Mission Ridge, both about 35 miles from town, and cross-country skiers who can begin gliding down trails just a snowball's throw from Adventure Inn.
In the warmer months, snowshoers lace up their hiking boots and rock climbing shoes (see: Icicle Canyon), and skiers still looking for fast thrills race through myriad mountain biking trails. The melted snow also feeds a number of area streams for kayakers and steelhead and salmon fishermen.
Regardless of the season, when you return to the village from your outdoor adventures, kick back with a liter of hefeweizen and a weisswurst on Front Street or in Adventure Inn's beer garden like the real Bavarians do. With the mountains, architecture, and oomph dap-dap of a polka beat, you might just forget you're not in the Bavarian Alps—and das ist gut, ya?
"Stroll around town and you'll convince yourself that you've just had the world's cheapest trip to the Alps. People here even speak German."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Travel must be completed by May 31, 2013
- Upgrades to weekend stays available for additional fee
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Offer valid for up to four people
- Upgrade to a Thursday & Friday stay for additional $49 or upgrade to a Saturday & Sunday stay for additional $79 to be booked direct with merchant
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Children stay free
- Black out dates on all major US Holidays
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings