The Sound of Serenity in Horse Country
Poplar Springs, The Inn Spa • Casanova, VA
- A One- ($172) or Two-Night ($299) Weekend Stay for Two, Thursday through Sunday
- $60 Dining Credit for The Manor House Restaurant
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Bottomless Cookie Jar
- Full Access to Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi, Tennis Court, and Steam Room
Between the buzz of smart phones and the click of constant typing, it can be hard to remember the distinct sound of silence. Before you check to see if there's an app for that, Escape to Poplar Springs, The Inn Spa for a getaway that will redefine what it means to stay connected.
Go ahead and use your GPS to get you and a plus one to Casanova, Virginia—about 50 miles from the bustle of Washington, DC—for a one- ($172) or two-night ($299) stay from Thursday through Sunday. As soon as you've confirmed your arrival to this stone manor in the tree-dotted countryside, lend your ears to sounds that don't require a plug-in.
You'll first notice the cozy quiet of your traditionally decorated room, and the way the goose down duvet rustles as you prop your head up against the sturdy headboard. It may be tempting to have satellite TV within your comfortable view, but since it's just the beginning of your tech-break trip, take in the entertainment value of your private patio instead.
Take a short drive to wander the aromatic Seven Oaks Lavender Farm, then experience in a bit of small-town Americana as you roam around nearby Old Town Warrenton.
Grab an unlimited amount of cookies from the complimentary cookie jar and go for a stroll, surveying the inn's 200 bucolic acres. When you can hear your stomach grumbling over the crunch of leaves underfoot, it'll be time to use your $60 credit at The Manor House Restaurant.
Try the roasted lamb loin with tomato lemon gnocchi, and then order the bittersweet chocolate with peanut butter mousse for dessert, and you'll see why Chef Howard Foer's cuisine earned OpenTable's diners' choice award in 2010 and 2011.
Catch up on the latest news as you hear the paper rustle in the breeze before playing a round of tennis before your courtesy continental breakfast. Then, indulge in a signature couples' massage (at an additional fee) at the inn's respected spa, and spend the afternoon at the pool.
All it takes is an evening bundled in the soft terrycloth of your spa robe to realize that the only outlet you really needed can't be found in any wall.
For additional information, "like" Poplar Springs & The Manor House Restaurant on Facebook.
"Poplar Springs has become a spot where guests can enjoy the tranquility of country life yet still be pampered to their heart's content. The area's natural beauty only serves as a canvas upon which the service and amenities are displayed."-- Southern Living
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Valid Thursday through Sunday only
- Black out dates: May 20, June: 4,10,11,18, Aug: 6,11, Sept: 16,17,23,24, Oct: 15,29, Nov: 11, Dec: 17, New Years Eve
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 25, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 25, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 25, 2012 • Enjoy By May 25, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings