Big-Easy Style in the Willamette Valley
MaMere's Bed & Breakfast • Monmouth, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Mardi Gras Muse, Magnolia, or French Toast Room ($109)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Starry Night or Louisiana Lair Room ($159)
- Two-for-One Wine Tastings at Left Coast Cellars
When you hear the phrase "laissez les bon temps rouler," which in English translates to "let the good times roll," the first place you think of is probably New Orleans. But after this week's Escape, your first thought might just be MaMere's Bed & Breakfast in Monmouth, Oregon.
Why? It's a Big Easy-inspired inn—replete with furnishings reminiscent of a masquerade ball—about 60 miles southwest of Portland. Located smack in the middle of the Willamette Valley, which is gaining traction in the wine world for its luscious Pinot Noirs, MaMere's is equidistant from the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains—the perfect spot from which to explore this trifecta of wine, sea, and mountain fabulousness.
Though you're surrounded by some of Oregon's most beautiful landscapes, you'll want to unwind at the inn before you let the good times roll. MaMere's owner, Terri Gregory, has painstakingly restored and decorated the house with French and New Orleans flair in every detail, and the result is at once vibrant and calming. Oregon guidebook author Gerry Frank also gave the B&B a nod in his recent book.
Each of five funky rooms (three with shared baths) is adorned with mint-condition retro furniture and original artwork. Stay in the Mardi Gras Muse, Magnolia, or French Toast ($109) or the Starry Night or Louisiana Lair ($159).
When you're ready to see the sights, you'll have choices—more than 400, actually, if you're looking to visit one of the many wineries in the area. Never fear: Terri can recommend one of her favorites. You'll also have a two-for-one wine tasting at Left Coast Cellars.
You may also choose to explore the stunning Oregon coastline, about an hour west by car, or the Cascade Mountains, an hour east by car, where you can ski, snowboard, hike, bike, tube, or pretty much anything else your outdoor heart desires.
There's something for tout le monde—that means "everyone," which includes you—at MaMere's.
"As far as the eye can see, vineyards sweep up hillsides in flowing grids of manicured rootstock. To an oenophile, it's pulse-quickening."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Gras Muse, Magnolia & French Toast room has shared bath; Starry Night and Louisiana Suite has private bath
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings