An Ocean View in Fort Bragg
Beachcomber Motel & Spa on the Beach • Fort Bragg, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a King or Double Queen Ocean-View Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299)
- One 50-Minute Couples' Massage
Fort Bragg, on Northern California's Mendocino Coast, is one of America's great small towns. Just ask the editors of Go magazine, who named it among the country's 16 best places to find main-street charm. "It still retains all the rugged beauty you'd expect from a former logging town-turned-fishing port," they write.
And there's no better vantage point from which to soak up said beauty than at the Beachcomber Motel & Spa on the Beach, doling out a two-night stay for two in a King or Double Queen Ocean-View Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299), both of which include a 50-minute couples' massage.
If rooms at the Beachcomber are all booked, guests will have the option of staying at its sister property, Surf & Sand Lodge.
About three hours north of San Francisco, this sleepy town of sprawling beauty (giant redwoods, jurassic-looking cypress trees, sweeping beaches) is best experienced with a view of the ocean. And the Beachcomber fits the bill, offering rooms with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that look out onto the waves. They're also equipped with DirecTV, a microwave and refrigerator, and a patio.
Start your stay by luxuriating in a couples' massage at the on-site Spa by the Sea. This newly opened oasis is led by Aaron Hunt, whose 20 years of experience, including a tenure at the Canyon Ranch SpaClub at The Venetian hotel in Las Vegas—one of the country's best—puts you in good hands.
Evenings on the coast call for long walks on the bluffs overlooking the ocean, which are situated just a few steps from the Beachcomber. After a Northern California sunset, make reservations at Mendo Bistro, one of Fort Bragg's best fine-dining restaurants. Belying the low-key nonchalance of its small-town surroundings, this seasonal restaurant crafts decidedly upscale dishes, like deliciously Basque braised rabbit with polenta in a Parmesan broth.
If you can find the time, the Skunk Train, which runs from Fort Bragg to Northspur, is three and a half to four hours of iconic redwood-heavy Mendocino County. And if not, well, you'll just have to soak up the spirit of the region from your perch above the Pacific.
"We have been going to the Beachcomber for many many years. It has gotten nothing but better. It has always had the best view on the Coast. Did I mention the gardens? WOW!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Spa appointments require in advance; no cancellations allowed on scheduled massages
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children welcome; $20 additional charge per night for over 2 guests
- Taxes/resort/gratuity fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include holidays and event weekends; blackout dates are Nov 1,2,3,9,10,21,22,23,24; Dec 21-31, Jan 1,18,19,20,25,26; Feb 15-17; Mar 1,2,8,9,15,16,21-31
- Pets are allowed for a fee of $20 per pet, per night
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings