Vintage Chic in the Florida Keys
Postcard Inn Holiday Isle • Islamorada, FL
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($205) or Fridays and Saturdays ($230), in a Classic Room
- $25 Credit for Jet Ski or Boat Rental
- Welcome Drinks
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
Social media may have relegated postcards with the words, "Wish you were here!" to the museum of tourism history, but sometimes a trip deserves more than a simple status update. Have your friends text you their addresses, cough up 29 cents for postage, and drop a postcard in the mail showing off Islamorada, Florida.
Nestled about 90 minutes south of Miami in the Florida Keys, Islamorada "has the area's best atmosphere, food, fishing, entertainment, and lodging," according to Frommer's. "It's an unofficial 'party capital' for mainlanders seeking a quick tropical excursion."
Best described as boathouse chic, the rooms at the Postcard Inn at Holiday Isle feature driftwood floors, maritime stripes, and rustic handcrafted furniture that wouldn't be out of place on the pages of a coastal shelter mag. Quotes from great American novelists are hand-stenciled on the walls, adding to the whimsical, retro vibe. In addition to techy amenities like a flat-screen TV and iPod docking station, Classic Rooms feature one king-size or two queen-size beds and a private balcony.
Stay for two nights on Sundays through Thursdays ($205) or Fridays and Saturdays ($230), including a late 1 p.m. checkout.
The palm trees and bright yellow lounge chairs surrounding the turquoise pool, only steps from the Atlantic, are just as deserving of a photo op as the white Adirondack chairs around the glow of the firepit at sunset—shots of the entire property will most likely make it into your album.
Serving Rum Runner Cocktails since 1972 (they were apparently invented here), the resort's open-air, thatched-roof Tiki Bar is the place to find your included welcome drinks. And the concoction of banana liqueur, rum, brandy, and grenadine isn't the only thing to check out—the hot spot also has live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
For dinner, settle in at Shula Burger, the Postcard Inn's casual offshoot of the Don Shula steakhouse fame. This spot is more than just a burger joint; the array of toppings says it all: baby greens, Gruyère cheese, red onion jam, and double-cut peppered bacon. Add a side of fried pickle spears or sweet potato tater tots, but save room for a cupcake or hand-dipped milkshake.
The next day, armed with a waterproof camera to capture your own postcard-worthy images, rent snorkel or diving gear and head out into the clear Keys water. Use your $25 credit toward a boat or Jet Ski rental at the Marina, which also offers guided sunset cruises and backcountry fishing excursions—Islamorada is the self-proclaimed "sport-fishing capital of the world," after all.
When you're ready to dry off, head over to the nearby Theater of the Sea, an aquarium and wildlife park that promises up-close encounters with dolphins and colorful creatures of the Keys. Another idyllic site is Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park, a fossilized coral reef dating back more than 125,000 years. And if you'd rather picture yourself relaxing on the beach or dining on fresh seafood, there is plenty of time for that, too.
Don't just wish you were here—make it happen with this week's Escape.
"Behold the Postcard Inn at Holiday Isle, a quietly sexy beachside resort in Islamorada, reborn after a massive renovation, now ready to host your next barefoot weekend of paddleboarding and daiquiri-drinking."-- UrbanDaddy.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are December 21-January 5, 2013
- Based upon double occupancy
- Based on availability, additional nights may be added through the hotel directly at the best available rate pre/post certificate dates
- Room tax and resort fees totaling approximately $30 per night are not included and will be collected at time of arrival
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay and expire day of departure
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2013 • Enjoy By January 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings