In Montauk, Hip Digs for the Well-Heeled
Solé East Resort • Montauk, NY
- Walk Five Minutes and Hit Downtown Montauk or the Beach
- Shops: Browse Tauk (South Erie Avenue) and Share With Montauk (Montauk Highway) for Beachy Finds
- Culture Check: Visit the Pollack Krasner House & Study Center, the Former Home and Studio of Abstract Expressionist Painter Jackson Pollock
- Surfers, Go Immediately to Ditch Plains
Montauk: Known as The End, due to it's location at the easternmost point of Long Island. Said location makes it not only one of the best spots for fishing and surfing, but also, well at least until now, one of the best-kept secrets for a laid-back vibe in the Hamptons. In the past few years, the uptick of stylish boutiques and design-forward hotels putting down roots in the old fishing village shows that, for Montauk, it's really just The Beginning.
Take for instance the Solé East Resort—self-described as "lavish without the attitude"—and its beach club-style poolside scene, a hot spot for guests and locals during the day and long into the evening. Decidedly bohemian—bamboo walkways lead to hammocks and a wood-burning fire pit in the well-manicured gardens—yet sophisticated, with rattan club chairs and oversize lounge beds by the heated pool and a this-feels-like-my-backyard ambience for the well-heeled crowd.
Expect lavish touches in the surfer-chic bungalow-style rooms, where high thread-count Italian cotton linens hold court with fluffy duvet covers, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Classic Hamptons white wainscoting meets whitewashed walls and all-white furniture, reminiscent of a home on the Greek islands.
White décor also reigns at the Zagat-rated Backyard Restaurant, where the menu focuses on fresh and natural ingredients from Montauk fishermen, the local farmers' market, and the on-site garden. Pre- or post-dinner, sip hand-crafted cocktails on the tiki-torch-illuminated patio with DJ-spun tunes.
It seems Solé East has not only figured out that you can't go wrong with white at the beach, its also perfected the fine art of being hip, yet low-key.
“Airy rooms, a daybed-surrounded pool, and a restaurant offering global cuisine (plus local favorites including lobster rolls) make Solé East Resort a great crash pad, and with a fleet of bicycles for hire, you can skip the rental car."-- Condé Nast Traveler
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Credit card information is required at check-in
- Reservation name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are non-transferrable
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings are subject to the Merchant's cancellation and refund policy: reservations must be cancelled by at least 3 p.m the day before check-in; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Based on double occupancy
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Prices are subject to change at any time; your pricing is locked in after purchase
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 16, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 16, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 16, 2012 • Enjoy By October 16, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings