Panda Fever from Beijing to Chengdu
Rewards Travel China • Beijing, China
- An Eight-Day Tour of China for One Guest, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from JFK, EWR, SFO, LAX, YVR, or SEA to Beijing and Round-Trip Flight from Beijing to Chengdu
- A Five-Night Stay in the Grand Mercure Beijing Central and a One-Night Stay at the Celebrity Ruicheng Hotel
- Six Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Service
- All Ground Transportation to Hotels, Airport, and Sightseeing Destinations
- Entrance Fees to Included Sightseeing Destinations
- Visa Fee Not Included
- Rates are Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A sprawling country rooted in tradition—and well on its way to defining modern global society—China is a place of bucolic beauty and cosmopolitan energy, of hard-to-fathom foods and globalized culture. Indeed, this multifaceted country is a study in balance and paradox. And this week's Escape to Beijing and Chengdu, courtesy of Rewards Travel China, is your round-trip ticket to the best of both worlds.
You'll jet from one colossal country—via New York (JFK or EWR), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Vancouver (YVR), or Seattle (SEA)—to another for an eight-day panda package on select dates* ($1,899).** The package includes round-trip flights from the United States to Beijing and from Beijing to Chengdu; six breakfasts, five lunches, and four dinners; six nights of hotel accommodations; an English-speaking guide; several tours; and airport transfers.
Once you arrive, a Rewards Travel China representative will take you from the airport to your hotel—the Grand Mercure Beijing Central—for a four-night stay. You'll have the day to rest and explore the city, which is easy from the hotel: It's a short walk from the subway station.
After breakfast the next day, you'll explore the magical Forbidden City, the country's best-preserved imperial palace, then pay a visit to Tiananmen Square and take a tour of Beijing's backstreets via old-fashioned rickshaw. Next: Summer Palace, home of the royal gardens, pavilions, and halls, then it's on to Pearl City. A welcome dinner is served at Quanjude Restaurant, boasting more than 100 years of history and well-known for its traditional cuisine, and the night ends with an exhilarating kung fu show.
Day four begins with breakfast and moves on to the iconic Beijing 2008 Olympic Center, with its famous Bird's Nest and Water Cube. After a stop at Bona Jade, where you can buy a host of gorgeous jade products and souvenirs, it's off to Juyongguan and the Great Wall—one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Day five: Visit the Temple of Heaven (a UNESCO World Heritage site built between 1406 AD and 1420 AD, and used by emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties). You'll also ogle the dynamic Wangfujing Street, a famous scenic area surrounding places of historic interest.
You'll fly the following morning to Chengdu, one of the country's most relaxed cities and home of the Giant Panda Breeding Center. You'll explore the famous silk shops, check out ancient Qing Dynasty architecture, and pay a visit to a local tea house before checking in to the Celebrity Ruicheng Hotel for a one-night stay.
The next day, you'll become a volunteer at the Giant Panda Breeding Center. After hearing a lecture by one of the center's directors, you'll don your panda-keeper uniform and you'll assist your supervisor with the day's chores, which might include sweeping the panda bins, feeding bamboo to the bears, helping to bathe the panda, and other similar tasks. For an additional fee, you can even hug one of the bears.
After lunch, you'll take a tour of Swan Lake Park, then you'll explore downtown Chengdu before heading to dinner: the world-famous Sichuan-style hot pot. After you eat, it's back to Beijing, then home to the United States. Then again, you could always extend your trip—after all, you've barely scratched the surface of this dynamic country.
*Dates: November 7 to 15, 2012; November 14 to 22, 2012; November 21 to 29, 2012; March 27 April 4, 2013; April 3 to 11, 2013; April 10 to 18, 2013; April 17 to 25, 2013; October 23 to 31, 2013; October 30 to November 6, 2013; November 6 to 14, 2013; November 13 to 21, 2013; November 20 to 28, 2013; or November 27 to December 5, 2013
**Rates are per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"The Giant Panda Breeding Research Base is worth the 45-minute drive to walk the peaceful bamboo groves, snap pictures of the lolling pandas, and catch a glimpse of the tiny baby pandas that are born with startling regularity."-- Read Fodor's Review of the Giant Panda Research Base
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $300 and this must be confirmed at booking
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Voucher includes a five-night stay in the Grand Mercure Beijing Central and a one-night stay at the Celebrity Ruicheng Hotel, daily breakfasts, five lunches, four dinners, an English-speaking tour guide service, all ground transportation to hotels, airport, and sightseeing destinations, and entrance fees to included sightseeing destinations
- Flights can depart from one of the following airports JFK/EWR, SFO, LAX, YVR, or SEA
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($190 per US passport, valid for 1 year multiple entry), other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance (cancel for any reason and it is 10% of trip cost) and gratuities of $90 per person
- Hotel is based on double occupancy
- Self financed $35 per person Kung Fu show in Beijing will be paid locally in China not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Airport taxes and fees included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 5, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 5, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 5, 2013 • Enjoy By December 5, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings