On the Backroads of Wine Country
Hope-Merrill and Hope-Bosworth Bed & Breakfast Inns • Geyserville, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299), in The Victorian, Carpenter Gothic, Bradbury, Vineyard View, or Oak Room
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- Welcome Bottle of Wine
- Wine Passport for Complimentary Tastings at More Than 120 Sonoma County Wineries
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
The town of Sonoma was once the anti-Napa, boasting an agrarian vibe that its counterpart to the east had all but tamed into posh submission. It's now a bonafide wine country destination—even towns like Healdsburg, in northern Sonoma County, have become hot spots.
But if you head a bit farther north to Geyserville, home of this week's Escape to the Hope-Merrill and Hope-Bosworth Bed & Breakfast Inns, you'll encounter a town teetering on the edge of wine country stardom, unadulterated by the bells and whistles that swallowed its brethren to the south.
Stay for two nights, Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299), at one of these two Victorian B&Bs on a quiet strip of Geyserville Avenue.
Upon arrival, pop the cork on your included bottle of wine and settle into one of five rooms (The Victorian, Carpenter Gothic, Bradbury, or Vineyard View Room in the Hope-Merrill House, or The Oak Room in the Hope-Bosworth House). Each is equipped with a queen-size bed and private bathroom (some with Jacuzzi or clawfoot tubs, others with walk-in showers) and appointed with mint-condition antique furnishings and ornate embellishments.
But don't let the inn's AAA Three Diamond rating fool you: With only 2,000 permanent residents, Geyserville is nothing if not friendly and down-to-earth, and the innkeepers are no different. They'll ply you with a five-course gourmet breakfast for two each morning (this is still wine country), provide concierge services at no charge, and set you up with a wine passport, courtesy of Wine Country Inns, for complimentary tastings at more than 120 wineries around the county. And the fall and winter is a good time to visit, when the tasting rooms aren't crowded and vineyards aren't packed with tourists.
Michelin stars? Not yet. Chic European-style boutique hotels? Maybe soon. Even Francis Ford Coppola's newest venture, an 88-acre Geyserville winery replete with swimming pool and restaurant, offers free pours of its red and white table wines. Let's just say Geyserville is a long way from Napa—but only a short drive from home.
"Owners Cosette and Ron helped us choose which wineries to visit over one of several hearty breakfasts in their Victorian breakfast room. The property is located within walking distance of the town, which has a coffee shop, some restaurants, and shops."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 8 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as gifts
- May combine up to 2 voucher to extend stay
- Vouchers include daily gourmet breakfast, welcome bottle of wine, and wine passport for complimentary tastings at more than 120 Sonoma County wineries
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 8 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Guest must be over 21 years of age
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings