India and Nepal: The High Point of The Himalayas
Discovery Tours • Katmandu, Nepal
- An 11-Night Trip to India and Nepal ($2,999 to $3,499 Based on Departure Date)*
- Round-Trip International Flights from JFK International Airport to Indira Gandhi International Airport, Including Airline Taxes, Transfers and Fuel Surcharges and All Intra-Continental Flights
- 11 Nights First-Class Hotel Accommodations
- 11 Buffet Breakfasts, Nine Lunches, and Nine Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout
- All Tours and Entry Fees Listed on Itinerary
- Luggage Handling for One Bag Per Person
- Rates are Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
From its highest point atop Mount Everest, 29,029 feet above sea level, the Himalayas cast a shadow impossible to ignore. But the real peak of the Hindu Kush experience lies at the base of the iconic mountain range in the storied nation of Nepal. Escape to a world that lies far above the pale with an 11-night trip for one person based on double occupancy to India, Nepal, and Katmandu courtesy of Discovery Tours ($2,999 to $3,499 per person* depending on departure date**).
Big adventure meets intimate personalized service with each departure capped at just 18 travelers. 11 nights of included four-star accommodations at hotels with 100 rooms or fewer are engineered to impart a sense of local character, and all 29 meals—11 buffet breakfasts, nine lunches, and nine dinners with beer and wine—are built around menus that represent the pinacle of Southeast-Asian culture. An English-speaking tour guide rises to the occasion, leading you on unique itineraries including outdoor hikes, market visits, home-hosted meals, lectures, and behind-the-scenes tours.
Start your ascent at JFK International Airport where you'll board a provided round-trip flight to New Delhi's Indira Ghandi International Airport, all taxes, transfers, fuel surcharges, and one bag of luggage handling included—as are all intercontinental flights throughout your stay.
Get your bearings on the first night at the Crowne Plaza Gurgaon in New Delhi with its soaring chandeliers and shimmering marble floors. Then, experience the apex of luxury beneath snow-capped hills at the Hotel de l' Annapurna in Katmandu. Raise your arms to salute the sun with a morning yoga meditation in the Buddhist, Hindu, or Tantric traditions before embarking on a tour of Durbar's royal buildings—the 16th-century Dhoka Palace and its ten courtyards, the three-story pagoda of Kasthamandap, and the Temple of the Living Goddess to name a few.
Later, you won't need to put on airs to secure a hearty welcome from the farming families en route to Nagarkot. Climb to the foothills of Bhaktapur, where the oldest Hindu temples in the valley lie. Then, visit Pashupatinath Temple—among Hindu's most sacred—for a beef-and-vegetable cooking class from the resident lamas at Boudhanath Stupa.
The next day, descend on Chitwan National Park and search for the elusive Bengal tiger. Stay in a comfortable jungle cottage at Safari Narayani along the rushing Rapti River where locals will entertain you in the evening with traditional dance.
Before beginning your return to the states, ease back into domestic life with a home-stay courtesy of a local Pokhara family—an event above and beyond any travel experience you've ever known.
Coming down from this breathtaking Nepalese excursion might be hard, but the memories you'll make could not be more firmly grounded.
For additional information, view the Discovery Tours full itinerary.
*Rates are Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
**Departure Dates in 2013: January 21 ($2,999); May 6 ($3,199); or February 18, February 25, March 11, March 18, April 8, April 22, or September 16 ($3,499)
"Shangri-la exists. Trek to the top of the world, or share a smile with a Buddhist monk; raft down a mountain gorge, or glimpse a living Hindu goddess—in Nepal adventure and culture go hand in hand."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by October 22, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture www.discovery-tours.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $800
- Voucher includes all transport and transfers including 24-hour airport arrival and departure services, 11 nights First-Class hotel accommodations, 11 buffet breakfasts, nine lunches, nine dinners, an English-speaking tour guide throughout, all tours and entry fees listed on itinerary, one luggage handling for one bag per person, airline taxes, transfers and fuel surcharges
- Voucher does not include gratuities, insurance, meals not indicated in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; minimum age for children on escorted or guided tours is 13
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • Enjoy By March 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 32% savings