From Tillamook Bay to Your Dinner Plate
Harborview Inn & RV Park • Garibaldi, OR
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a Single Queen Room ($52)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in a Single Queen Room ($118)
- One Breakfast for Two at Irish's Mooring Cafe
- Crabbing Rental with Bait and Instructions
- Combine Vouchers to Extend Stay
How do you spend a quick getaway on the Oregon Coast? In Garibaldi, a town of about 900 people on the northern tip of Tillamook Bay renowned for its pristine waters and undeveloped coastline, you'd be remiss if you didn't spend it catching crab, eating crab, and well, being anything but crabby.
With this week's Bay-to-Table Escape to the Harborview Inn & RV Park, less than two hours from Portland, you'll do exactly that. This locally-owned-and-operated 16-room inn, rich in hospitality and loaded with charm, is offering a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays, in a single queen room ($52) or a two-night stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays, in a single queen room ($118).
Rooms are equipped with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat-screen TV with cable, and Wi-Fi. The best part? The folks at Harborview will set you up with crabbing equipment—how's that for fresh eats? Harborview is on the wave of the Bay-to-Table movement, and will show you how to catch it, cook it, and eat it—preparing a seriously local, delicious dinner.
Ask the crew for advice on the best place to drop your trap or just make friends with a local at one of two crabbing piers within walking distance of the Harborview. They don't call it The People's Coast for nothing, and you'll soon find yourself taking tips from the pros, pulling in Dungeness crabs or bay clams, and hauling 'em back to the inn for dinner—it's the farm-to-table movement gone coastal.
In addition to stellar crabbing and clamming, you can hire a sport-fishing boat for a tour of the local waters. Try Garibaldi Charters, which offers everything from halibut and salmon fishing excursions to whale watching and eco tours.
It's all in a day's work in this active fishing village on the coast. But let's be honest: The only work you'll be required to do involves a pair of crackers and a bit of claw-meat extraction—and that's a job we can get behind.
For additional information, visit Harborview Inn & RV Park on Facebook.
"This place is located in the Garibaldi town, right on Tillamook Bay. We were shown how to catch our own crab about 20 feet from where we were staying in the inn! They provided a pot and crab cooker for us to cook our own dinner."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Continental breakfast onsite will replace breakfast at Cafe for vouchers redeemed from Dec 15 to Feb 1, 2013
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children welcome
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: December 31, 2012 and March 8, 9, 10, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings