Health and Happiness in the Heartland
The Heartland Spa • Gilman, IL
- A One-Night All-Inclusive Retreat for Two Guests in the Coach House with Shared Bath ($350)
- Or, a Three-Night All-Inclusive Retreat for One Guest in a Standard Room in the Main House with a $90 Spa Credit ($742)
- Or, a Five-Night All-Inclusive Retreat for One Guest in a Standard Room in the Main House with a $120 Spa Credit ($1,320)
- Inclusive of Three Meals a Day, Snacks, Parking, Fitness Classes or Exercise Gear, Spa Accessories, and Unlimited Use of Exercise and Spa Facilities
With the excesses of summer behind us, it's time to start planning for the excesses of the holiday season—sigh. But not until you've reclaimed a bit of your rise-and-shine, "I feel great" persona. That's where Heartland Spa & Fitness Resort, a 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner, comes in.
Set on 32 acres in the country, with a glassy lake at its center, this health-happy retreat just 90 minutes south of Chicago is offering a one-night all-inclusive retreat for two guests in the Coach House with shared bath ($350).
Or, opt for a three-night all-inclusive retreat for one guest in a Standard Room in the Main House, and get a $90 spa credit. Check-in is Sunday night and checkout is Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. ($742).
For a longer stay, choose the five-night all-inclusive retreat for one guest in a Standard Room in the Main House, and get a $120 spa credit. Check-in is Sunday night and checkout is Friday at 1:30 p.m. ($1,320).
The package includes three meals a day, snacks, parking, fitness classes or exercise gear (including bikes), spa accessories such as robes and T-shirts, and unlimited use of exercise and spa facilities, including Heartland lectures and cooking demonstrations.
"Who should go to the Heartland Spa?" asks Decatur Magazine. "Anyone who needs to feel welcomed; anyone who wants to be alone. Anyone who needs a healing touch; anyone who craves vigorous motion. Anyone who needs to stop and think for a minute; anyone who needs to stop and not think for a minute."
Quaint Standard Rooms are appointed with twin beds and private bathrooms with showers. Upgrade to a Manor Room, which includes a king-size bed or two doubles, for $10 per person per night. Or, opt for an Estate Room, which runs $50 per person per night and includes sliding glass doors that open onto a mock balcony that overlooks the lake, personal heating and cooling controls, and two queen-size beds.
And while each package is slightly different, you can expect your days to look something like this:
Begin your get-healthy quest with a "Greet the Day" walk, the perfect way to jump-start your morning. A hearty breakfast buffet awaits upon your return, offering protein powerhouses such as egg-white frittatas with mushrooms, onions, and cheese.
Forget excess—you're burning excess calories with an Aerobic Interval class (alternating choreographed aerobic moves with deep-muscle conditioning), followed by a light snack like refreshing blackberry yogurt.
Attend an eye-opening session on preventive wellness before refueling with a guilt-free turkey wrap. You can also learn to master your metabolism or fine-tune healthy cooking skills with classes led by Chef Barb. An Aqua Motion class in the pool will work out your limbs with zero impact on your joints. Post-plunge, purchase a restorative massage and melt away those kinks and knots.
Tai chi or meditation brings your day of revitalization to a close, but the healthy-living lessons will last way longer than hazy memories of that Labor Day barbecue. And your outlook on life will be much, much sweeter.
"This former dairy farm 90 miles south of Chicago is where folks go to hit the reset button, teaching people how to take better care of themselves in a uniquely Midwestern, unpretentious environment."-- Chicago Sun-Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per purchaser, up 3 additional as gifts
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations or for special events
- Upgrades available to Manor rooms for $10/person or Estate rooms for $50/person; please inquire with merchant at time of reservation
- Must be 18 years older to check-in and stay
- Valid for arrival Sunday only
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture. $30 rescheduling fee applies and should be paid to property directly at time of redemption
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- 5.75% sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes snacks, meals, parking, fitness classes or exercise gear (including bikes), spa accessories such as robes and one t-shirt
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings