Peace the Pescadero Way
Pescadero Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast • Pescadero, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Mondays through Thursdays, in the Rose, Creekside, or Spring Room ($190) or the Garden Cottage ($215)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays through Sundays, in the Rose, Creekside, or Spring Room ($215) or the Garden Cottage ($300)
- Daily Full Breakfast for Two
- Afternoon Wine-and-Cheese Tasting
One of San Francisco's greatest attributes is its proximity to seemingly middle-of-nowhere locales. Fed up with your neighbor's 5 a.m. tap-dancing lessons? A quick 40-minute drive will drop you among the sounds of babbling creeks and chirping birds.
One of these rural outposts is Pescadero, less than an hour south of San Francisco. Let parking nightmares fade as you steal away to the Pescadero Creek Inn for a two-night stay for two, Mondays through Thursdays, in the Rose, Creekside, or Spring Room ($190) or the Garden Cottage ($215).
Or, opt for a two-night stay for two, Fridays through Sundays, in the Rose, Creekside, or Spring Room ($215) or the Garden Cottage ($300).
The Rose Room, the inn's most romantic abode, is decorated in pinks and deep reds and overlooks bucolic Bradley Meadow, while the Creekside Room is the property's largest, and the Spring Room, with its large windows and high ceilings, affords excellent views of the green hills outside. Both are outfitted with queen-size beds and come with sensual claw-foot tubs, plus Wi-Fi and complimentary bottled water.
The Garden Cottage boasts a fireplace and a deck that overlooks Pescadero Creek as well as the inn's organic vegetable garden and 20 acres of flower fields. It, too, comes with a queen bed and claw-foot tub, and a foldout sitting-room daybed can accommodate a second couple.
Breakfast for two each morning includes local, organic vegetables and fresh eggs from area farms, and the complimentary afternoon wine-and-cheese tasting follows suit, highlighting top local artisans like Harley Farms Goat Dairy and award-winning wine made by the innkeeper himself.
Rent a bike from the inn and pedal west past the town's clapboard facades to the picnic-perfect Pescadero State Beach, about two miles away. Head the other direction on Highway 85 toward La Honda, and up pops the 133-year-old Apple Jack's Inn, a rough-around-the-edges yet eternally friendly log pub set amid atmospheric fog and centuries-old coast redwoods. Keep going to Highway 35 and you'll run into the gargantuan Methuselah tree, estimated to be about 1,800 years old.
At night, don't miss Duarte's Tavern, just steps from the inn. The region is famous for its artichokes, and Duarte's, open since 1894 and featured on Food Network and PBS, is the area's preeminent purveyor of this perennial thistle.
Make the short jaunt north to Half Moon Bay for golf, shopping, and surfing, or just relish the solitude you'll find at the fully restored, 100-year-old Pescadero Creek Inn. It's just a few miles from home but light years from city living.
"Pescadero Creek Inn is a find. Tucked away near an organic goat cheese farm in the hills just outside of Pescadero, it combines easy access to the historic town of Pescadero, beaches, hiking trails, and bicycle rides."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- For additional guests in the Garden Cottage there is a $25/night fee
- 10% taxes payable upon arrival
- Blackout dates are 11/22, 12/24, 12/25, 12/31
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 1, 2013 • Enjoy By March 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings