Deep Refreshment in the Carson Valley
Historian Inn • Gardnerville, NV
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room
- Two Lunches with Sandwich, Fruit, Chips, Drink, and Dessert in Souvenir Cooler Bags
- Two Appetizers at Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar
- Two Take-Home Water Bottles
- Continental Breakfast
Just 20 miles from the deep blue of both Lake Tahoe and Topaz Lake, set on the banks of the meandering East Fork of the Carson River in the shadow of the snow-capped Sierra Nevadas, Gardnerville, Nevada, owes much of its beauty and prosperity to H2O.
Drink it in on a trip to the newly remodeled Historian Inn, set amid the deep yellows, oranges, and greens of autumn in the Carson Valley. Pick up a one-night stay for two in a Superior Room ($105), and get two lunches in a souvenir cooler bag, two appetizers from Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar, and two take-home water bottles.
Built in 2000 in classic Gold Rush-era fashion, the Historian Inn's brick facade belies its modern, cozy interior. Your triple-sheeted king-size bed is draped with luxurious linens and a cozy Egyptian-cotton comforter. Fresh-roasted coffee and house-made continental breakfast will stir you from your slumber in the morning.
Next, take a trip back in time with a visit to the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center, just down the street from the inn. It's full of murals and historical artifacts from the days of Native peoples and pioneers alike. And what's autumn without wine tasting? Drop into Tahoe Ridge Winery, in nearby Minden, for a taste of the state's oldest continually owned and operated winery.
Or, if active endeavors are your pursuit, head east to Lake Tahoe for hiking and biking during the fall, or skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. And if golf is your sport, you're in luck: The Carson Valley is home to 171 holes of championship golf.
For dinner, head to the award-winning Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar, an elegant white-tablecloth affair in Minden. There, you'll get two included appetizers—Italian cheese and seasonal fruit, or beef carpaccio with fennel and crimini mushrooms, perhaps? Complement them with an original or classic cocktail, or a selection from the wine list, and move on to hand-made gnocchi or Angus filet mignon.
It's all in a day's work—no, play—in this mellow enclave in the Sierra Nevadas.
"Carson Valley is one of the most beautiful and charming areas in northern Nevada. Somehow, it manages to maintain its rural charm despite the growth of the towns of Minden, Gardnerville, and Carson City."-- American Roads Travel Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required 48 hours in advance and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and a $35 charge may apply
- Vouchers include continental breakfast and use of bikes
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; a $12 charge applies for each additional guest
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include, 11/21-24/2012, 12/21-31/2012, 1/18-20/2013, 2/15-18/2013 inclusive, and other holidays and special event dates. Some holidays and special events may have a minimum night stay requirement.
- Pets are allowed with a $20 surcharge
- Buona Sera is closed on Tuesdays
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2013 • Enjoy By April 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings