Timeless Treasure on Martha's Vineyard
The Jonathan Munroe House • Edgartown, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room ($246) or King Room ($275), Sundays through Thursdays from Now to October 31 or Any Days of the Week from November 1 to 21
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Carriage House ($337), Sundays through Thursdays from Now to October 31 or Any Days of the Week from November 1 to 21
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Afternoon Wine and Cheese
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Martha's Vineyard is a bit like the place that time forgot. The Massachusetts island is a steamship ride away from civilization; contains no malls, chain stores, or traffic lights; and moves at its own leisurely pace. If you could use a few days off from your busy calendar, wind down with this Escape to The Jonathan Munroe House in Edgartown, Massachusetts.
Bring a fellow time traveler for a two-night stay, Sundays through Thursdays from now to October 31 or any days of the week from November 1 to 21. You can cozy up in a queen ($246) or king room ($275). Or, opt for the privacy of the Carriage House ($337). Whichever accommodations you choose, your stay includes daily continental breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese.
After arriving the Jonathan Munroe House, pause for a moment to soak in the charming 18th-century décor and 21st-century updates. Tick off the total of six guest rooms—not to mention the separate Carriage House with screened-in porch—each with a private bath and unique furniture offering a nod to the island's past.
Each morning, you can rise when you please and enjoy an included continental breakfast. Spend the early hours reading the paper on the house's stately front porch, looking out over upper Main Street in the heart of quiet Edgartown. There's no rush, so take a leisurely stroll through town, ducking in boutiques, bookstores, and scrimshaw shops en route to the harbor front. Or, greet the day with a morning hike along the extensive trails of nearby Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary.
Make room on your schedule for a visit to Lighthouse Beach just up Water Street, or get an island history lesson with visits to the Vineyard Museum and the Old Whaling Church, both just steps from the inn. If the moment is right for an excursion to the "gingerbread" cottages in nearby Oak Bluffs or the clay cliffs in Aquinnah, your hosts will be more than happy to offer suggestions.
Back at the inn, take a minute to savor an included afternoon cheese plate with wine. You can treat yourself to a delectable dinner at one of several outstanding restaurants in town.
When you're ready to take it slow, you'll need to act fast—this timeless Escape won't last forever.
"With its graceful wraparound, colonnaded front porch, the Jonathan Munroe House stands out from the other inns and captain's homes on this stretch of upper Main Street. Guest rooms are immaculate, antiques-filled, and dotted with clever details."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 10/7 and 11/8-11
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 21, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 21, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 21, 2012 • Enjoy By November 21, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings