Turning Left Right Into Luxury in The Dalles
Cousin's Country Inn • The Dalles, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Chinook Wing Room
- Two-for-One Museum Tickets to Columbia Gorge Discovery Center
- Two Wine Tastings at Sunshine Mill Winery
The open road is your oyster and the freeway your second home. But sometimes, it's good for the soul—as well as your engine—to hit the brakes and stop to smell the roses. Put it in park in the sunny Dalles of Oregon at the Cousin's Country Inn and shift gears with a two-night Escape for two in the cozy Chinook Wing Room ($149) of this hotel that offers both down-home charm and modern amenities.
Drive straight ahead into heavenly pillows atop two queen-size beds draped in soft linens. Handsome leather furnishings and contemporary wooden accents give the Pacific Northwest décor a decidedly upscale feel, while personal touches like the jar full of homemade cookies truly make you feel like family.
Modern in-room extras like wireless Internet and LCD flat-panel TVs are sure to get your wheels spinning. And if those car-cramped limbs need a stretch, you can make a pit-stop in the inviting hot tub or use your complimentary passes to the The Dalles Fitness Club to log some miles on the treadmill.
Fill-up on country-style fare at Cousins' Restaurant, a favorite among locals and wayfarers alike. Heaping portions of home-style cooking are served with a smile—the 12-ounce locally raised sirloin and creamy mashed potatoes and gravy are sure to rev your engine.
During the day, put the pedal to the metal and get ready for whirlwind tour of the town. Use your two-for-one museum admissions to visit the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, located on the scenic Columbia River. Winner of an American Institute of Architects Honor award for its appealing design, The Center captures the natural and cultural treasures of Gorge and Wasco counties.
On the next day, hand the keys to someone else and cruise to the Sunshine Mill Winery with two complimentary tickets for a day of wine tasting. This 130-year old former mill boasts the best varieties from Quenett and Copa Di Vino wineries. With a gourmet menu serving fare paired specifically with these local varietals—think: warm Brie cheese with cranberries and apples or savory chèvre served atop a hazelnut-and-honey pita—your tastebuds will be racing.
The light is green and all roads lead to The Dalles—and with this Escape, you're sitting shotgun.
"The shower was breathtaking, the room smelled new, the bed was comfy, the AC worked great, the TV was perfect, and it was quiet! Loved the country feel you get when you walk in. We will definitely be coming back."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 30, 2013 • Enjoy By March 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings