A Gilded Getaway in Historic Julian
Julian H Ranch • Julian, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Bottle of Wine
- Wine Flight for Two at Orfila Vineyards & Winery Tasting Room
- Appetizer at Jeremy's on the Hill
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Pan through the pine trees and dig into the California countryside—with an Escape to Julian H Ranch in Julian, California, you're sure to strike it rich with a golden getaway.
While the California Historical Landmark was packed with scrambling settlers during the Gold Rush, the only thing you'll be rushing into during your two-night stay for two ($199) at this scenic ranch is when to schedule your included wine flight for two at Orfila Vineyards & Winery's Tasting Room.
Glide through the ranch's gilded halls and take in the wealth of panoramic views before sipping your included bottle of wine in your cozy accommodations. Afterward, seek guidance from the ranch's stellar staff to plan your Julian adventure.
"A trip to Julian (pop. 3,000) is a trip back in time," says Frommer's. "The old gold-mining town, now best known for its apples, has a handful of cute B&Bs; its popularity is based on the fact that it gives city-weary folks a chance to get away from it all, especially on weekdays, when things are a little quieter here."
The ranch is only a mile from Julian's Main Street, so start your expedition by stopping by Julian's Chamber of Commerce to snag a map for a self-guided walking tour of the historic town. On October 6 and 7, Julian hosts its annual Apple Days Festival, packed with food, music, art, and kid-friendly activities. If you aren't in town for the event, mine a bushel of juicy, fresh-picked apples from one of the area's multiple orchards. Later, savor the cooling coastal breezes during your wine flight at Orfila's Tasting Room.
As the Cali sun begins its glowing descent, start dinner with an included appetizer at Jeremy's on the Hill before sifting through a selection of seasonal entrées. Julian offers a vast frontier of possibilities, and on this Escape you can discover a nugget of history while you savor a sampling of Pacific blends.
"Radiating the aura of the Old West, Julian offers an abundance of early California history, quaint Victorian streets filled with apple-pie shops and antiques stores, fresh air, and friendly people."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Travel must be completed by May 1, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children welcome, however this voucher is for 2 guests; a third guest is an additional $25/night
- Taxes, resort, and cleaning fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Pets are allowed with per-approval from property, please call 760-427-2878 for details
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings