Striking a Chord in the Show Me State
SunSet Acres Bed & Breakfast • Odessa, MO
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Sparkling Cider and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Upon Arrival
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
Shifting between the zeal of an arts-rich community and the comfort of a slow-cooked culinary scene, Kansas City draws its whimsical feel from the improv-heavy style of bebop jazz in the 1940s. See why Forbes considers it one of America's Best Downtowns with this week's Escape to satellite city Odessa, Missouri—just 30 minutes away from the Paris of the Plains.
Follow the leisurely beat toward a two-night stay for two at SunSet Acres Bed & Breakfast ($175). Nestled on 12 acres of rolling hills, this home-away-from-home offers views of picturesque ponds and manicured grounds where Canadian geese and blue herons flock. An included bottle of sparkling cider and decadent chocolate-covered strawberries strike just the right chord.
After you're settled, you'll want to lace up your shoes and toe-tap into Kansas City where you and your taste buds will jive with the area's famous barbecue.
"Everywhere you look in Kansas City, there's another fountain dancing in front of you," says Forbes. "They were one of the first cities in the US to add a pedestrian mall back in the fifties, plus you've got great barbecue there, and you can spend all day going from barbecue to barbecue joint—it's that delicious."
After catching a show at the newly opened Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, an architectural and artistic icon, head to Jack Stack Barbecue for a pre-dinner snack from the restaurant's Freight House eatery, where you'll nosh on award-winning barbecue underneath 25-foot ceilings and a fireplace lounge.
With a lingering taste of 'cue and a freshly saturated style sense, return to the B&B, where you can treat yourself to a delicious dinner at FireSide Dining. The restaurant serves homemade dishes like tequila-lime chicken and pan-fried tilapia in the alfresco dining area overlooking lush country fields.
Later, relax in the hot tub, or—with advanced notice and for an additional fee—order up a rejuvinating couples' massage, a bouquet of flowers, or a fully packed picnic basket for a romantic excursion for two.
Don't settle for a one-note getaway—give into country croons and city sensibilities with this dynamic Escape.
"Beautiful, cozy, quiet retreat. The owners were very friendly and made it a point to make us feel at home. The food was amazing and our room was perfect."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, 1 additional as a gift
- Up to two (2) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: November 22, 2012, December 24-25, 2012, December 31, 2012 - January 1, 2013, February 1-28, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 48% savings