Modest, Majestic Ojai
Su Nido Inn • Ojai, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Suite, Sundays through Thursdays Between Now and October 31, 2012 ($318) or Between November 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013 ($370)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Suite, Fridays and Saturdays Between November 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013 ($475)
- Welcome Bottle of Wine
- Two Wine Tastings at Each of Two Local Wineries
Haughtily known as the American Riviera, Santa Barbara overshadows its neighbors when it comes to Southern California getaway towns. But nearby Ojai—with the same iconic Mission-style architecture and mild Mediterranean climate that characterizes its northerly neighbor—seems perfectly content being the humble other town.
Of course, humility is relative. For proof, look no further than Su Nido Inn, boasting nearly 200 reviews and a perfect five-star rating on TripAdvisor. Set right in the heart of Ojai, this sumptuously appointed nine-room boutique hotel is offering a two-night stay for two in a suite, Sundays through Thursdays between now and October 31, 2012 ($318) or between November 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013 ($370).
Or, opt for a two-night stay for two in a suite, Fridays and Saturdays between November 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013 ($475). All three options include a bottle of Syrah and two flights of wine at each of two local tasting rooms.
Let the Mission Revival décor set the scene: Cast-iron gates give way to heavy wooden doors, arched entryways sit below red Spanish-tile roofs, and the cobblestone courtyard—replete with fountain—makes an excellent spot to kick back with a margarita. At night, soak in your mosaic-tiled tub, lather up with Molton Brown spa products, then tuck into your king-size bed to watch a movie on the flat-screen TV.
Find your bearings by walking a block down to the arcade. A series of arch-and-pillar entryways, the centerpiece of downtown Ojai houses boutiques, restaurants, second-hand stores, cafes, and bars. For a bit of exercise, rent bikes from the inn and pedal around Libbey Park, which sits adjacent to the arcade.
For dinner head to Suzanne's Cuisine, a laid-back restaurant that takes food very seriously. Whether on the garden patio or inside, you'll find the seasonal menu a delight: Start with a cocktail and a locally sourced organic vegetable salad, before moving on to a bottle of wine and sashimi-grade tuna beneath an Asian chimichurri.
Then it's back to curl up by the fire at Su Nido, or "your nest," as it's translated from Spanish. Which is apt: In Ojai, everything feels a bit closer to home, not only because it's a short drive from Los Angeles, but because a down-to-earth vibe permeates life here. This isn't, after all, a Riviera of any kind.
"Just a short walk from downtown Ojai sights and restaurants, this posh Mission Revival-style inn is nested in a quiet neighborhood a few blocks from Libbey Park. All suites have spacious living rooms, private patios, kitchenettes, and fireplaces."-- Read Fodor's Review of Su Nido Inn
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 2 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $25 fee applies
- Rates are based on single or double occupancy only; a third adult is an additional $50/night which includes a rollaway (available in larger suites only)
- Su Nido Inn is a non-smoking facility, a $250.00 ozone cleaning charge will be charged to guest if someone smokes in their suite or room
- No pets allowed
- Blackout dates: 10/25/12, 11/21/12-11/22/12, 12/23/12-12/25/12, 12/31/12
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; $2.00/night Carbon Offsetting fee + sales tax is available for opt-in; payable directly to the property
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings