From Tables to Temples in Tokyo
Globotours • Tokyo, Japan
- Seven-Day Trip to Tokyo, Including:
- Round-Trip Airfare from LAX Aboard Singapore Airlines
- Five-Night Stay in the Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Chinzan-so
- All Rates are per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
To the unacquainted palate, Japanese cuisine—raw fish wrapped in seaweed!?—seems exotic. The same applies for its capital, Tokyo. Its compact districts teem with a sharply dressed populace, bouquets of fragrances, and of course, garish lights, everywhere, like Times Square on New Year's Eve. But beneath these bold eye snares are centuries-old traditions distilled from calmer times. Such is Tokyo.
Also like Japanese cuisine—small, flavor-packed bites, sliced not to overwhelm—this Escape from Globotours offers a perfectly portioned taste of Tokyo: seven days in the world's most-populated metropolis, between November 1 and November 30, 2012, or between January 9 and March 26, 2013 ($1,899).
The first of your seven days begins in Los Angeles as you board a flight to the other side of the world, courtesy of Singapore Airlines. After arriving in Tokyo, you'll take the airport limousine bus to the Sunshine City Prince Hotel, and from there you'll make your way via taxi to the Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Chinzan-so for a five-night stay. In a city known for its cramped quarters, you'll lodge in a Superior City View room, one of the most spacious in all of Tokyo.
The next day, you'll set off to explore a handful of the city's most famous and historical landmarks, including the National Diet Building (note: It's the government hub, not a weight-loss center), the Imperial Palace East Garden, the Asakusa Kannon Temple, and the Nakamise-Dori shopping arcade, where you can satisfy all of your souvenir-buying obligations.
While there's certainly no end of sites to see in Tokyo (optional day trips to Mt. Fuji and Hakone National Park, or the Nikko World Heritage tour, are also offered), shopping in at least a few of the several arcades in this uber-trendy country is a must.
After a full day of stimuli, retreat to Yu, The Spa in the Four Seasons for quiet contemplation while soaking in a traditional cedar bath indoors or receiving one of several available massages and body treatments.
The Japanese dine out more than almost any other nation, and with good reason: The variety in both taste and budget make it one of the most accessible places in the world to eat. Wander into a hole-in-the-wall in Shimo-Kitazawa (as one New York Times reporter did), dine beside panoramic views atop the skyscrapers of Shibuya and Shinjuku, or soak in the nightlife in the boistrous izakaya bars in Roppongi, where the sake makes even the wildest-looking plate of octopus go down easy. Even the Four Seasons boasts three restaurants and two bars, not to mention lavish room service.
This Escape to Tokyo—the home of sensory overload—isn't about spending each day trying to bite off more than you can chew. Before you take that next bite, take a moment to savor the one you're tasting now.
"Tokyo is a marvelous mix of modern living and old-fashioned manners, slick high-tech gadgets, and cutesy cartoon mascots."-- Time Travel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by November 11 or 2 weeks prior to your departure (whichever date comes first)
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- All rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $750 collected at booking
- All dates are subject to availability, change, holiday/seasonal supplements, blackout dates from Nov 09-14, 2012, and other restrictions that may apply
- $60 per person additional for Friday through Sunday departures
- Voucher includes round-trip airport transfers a half day Cityrama Tokyo tour, all air fuel surcharges and US departure taxes, hotel taxes and service charges
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees (if applicable), meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, gratuities to drivers, local guides, and costs for anything not specified on the deal
- Airport to hotel limousine bus transfer will be provided from Narita Airport to the Sunshine City Prince Hotel, all passengers will have to take a taxi from Sunshine City Prince Hotel to Four Seasons Hotel at Chinzan-so (approx. 15 minutes) on their own arrangement. For departure transfer, pick-up service is available from Four Seasons Hotel at Chinzan-so to Narita Airport. Please contact hotel concierge to book your departure limousine bus transfer 24 hours prior to your departure
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 8, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 8, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 8, 2013 • Enjoy By April 8, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings