Life, Pure and Simple, in Costa Rica
Hotel Casa Luna & Spa • Catarata Río Fortuna, Costa Rica
- An Adventure Lovers' Package for Two, Including Four Nights' Accommodation in a Standard Room, Horseback Riding, Ziplining, Whitewater Rafting, and More ($1,123)
- Or, a Nature Lovers' Package for Two, Including Four Nights' Accommodation in a Standard Room, a Tour of Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, a Visit to Ecocentro Danaus, a Trip to a Nearby Waterfall, and More ($1,140)
- Daily Breakfast, Two Lunches, and One Dinner
- Hot Springs and Volcano Tours
- Round-Trip Airport Transfers to and from San Jose (Juan Santamaría International Airport)
- Bilingual Guides, Transportation, Entrance Fees, Equipment, Water, and Snacks on All Tours
- Two Welcome Cocktails
Costa Rica is far ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to preserving the environment, with about a quarter of its landmass lying within protected national parks. And for good reason: Its tropical climate allows some of the planet's most exotic wildlife to flourish, from the world's fastest lizard (the spiny-tailed iguana) to the rarely seen but always-heard howler monkey.
Partake of this bounty of biodiversity with one of two outdoorsy packages courtesy of Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, just outside Arenal Volcano National Park. The Adventure Lovers' package scores you a four-night stay for two in a Standard Room at the hotel, plus a bunch of extras: horseback riding, ziplining, whitewater rafting, and more ($1,123).
Or, opt for the mellower Nature Lovers' package: a four-night stay for two, plus a tour of Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, a visit to Ecocentro Danaus, a trip to a nearby waterfall, a cultural tour, and other ecology-related activities ($1,140).
Both packages come with breakfast each day, two lunches, one dinner, a tour of the volcano, round-trip airport transfers to and from San Jose (Juan Santamaría International Airport), and an excursion to local hot springs. And on all tours, a bilingual guide, transportation, entrance fees, equipment, water, and snacks are provided.
A 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner, the Wi-Fi-equipped Casa Luna is quintessential Costa Rica: Lilting birds of paradise punctuate the property's lush tropical gardens, and creeping vines climb the wooden support beams outside. A natural river bisects the property, and a pool with waterfall (this one is man-made) offers a refreshing escape from the heat. In keeping with the country's green-mindedness, the hotel employs a number of eco-friendly measures, from using biodegradable bath and cleaning products to sun-drying laundry.
And that's just a small taste of what's to come. The main course lies in the jungles, mountains, and lagoons just beyond the gates of the hotel. Ecocentro Danaus, for example, boasts a butterfly farm as well as natural trails that snake past wild animals and hundreds of plant species. Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is much the same, though much farther off the beaten path. There, just a few miles from the Nicaraguan border, you'll likely spy alligators, toucans, and monkeys hanging out in their natural habitat.
Hungry for more? You'll get 10 percent off treatments at Luna Spa, 10 percent off extra tours, and 10 percent off food and drink at Luna Grill Restaurant, serving local and international cuisine for three meals each day.
After four nights and five days in Costa Rica, you'll know exactly why everyone you meet says "pura vida," or "full of life." Brimming with unadulterated natural phenomena and a seize-the-day spirit, this tiny country knows a thing or two about living large.
"Casa Luna is a beautiful hotel overlooking Arenal Volcano and set amid lush foliage. It has a lovely restaurant with a delicious and varied menu, and a beautiful bar area that is open on two sides and seems to be set down in the middle of a rain forest."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until June 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Please book as early as you can, and in any event no later than February 30
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 30 days and a fee up to the full price must be paid applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are December 25-January 2 and March 24-31
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, two Lunches, one dinner, hot springs and volcano tours, round-trip airport transfers to and from San Jose or Liberia International Airports, bilingual guides, transportation, entrance fees, equipment, water and snacks on all tours, two welcome cocktails, a 10% discount in the Luna Grill Restaurant, 10% off at the Luna Spa and 10% off additional activities, free Wi-Fi, a security safe and two welcome drinks
- Must be at least 18 years old to check-in; no minimum age for stay
- Must be at least 5 to zip line and at least 5 and under 220 lbs to ride horses
- Must be at least 8 and under 300 lbs or less to raft
- Credit card required at check-in
- Check-in is at 2 p.m. and checkout is noon
- Rollaways are not available
- Pets and smoking are not allowed
- Based upon double occupancy
- Airfare not included
- For option A: a guide will meet you at Juan Santamaría Airport at 2:00 pm or 7:00 pm. On the final day, you will depart for the airport at 8:00 am. Ground transportation at other times can be arranged for an additional charge.
- For option B: a guide will meet you at Juan Santamaría Airport at 2:00 pm or 7:00 pm. On the final day, you will depart for the airport at 8:00 am. Ground transportation at other times can be arranged for an additional charge.
- Upgrades for longer stays and additional guests are available for additional cost
- Rooms and activities are not handicap-accessible; call with any questions
- Travel insurance and $28 departure tax not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Taxes are included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • Enjoy By June 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings