A Whale of a Time on Orcas Island
North Shore Cottages • Eastsound, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Screech Owl Swoop Cottage ($199), or the Eagle's Nest or Orca Watch Cottage ($219)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in the Heron Cove Cottage ($249)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Eight Guests in the Seal Point or Salmon Shoal Cottage ($289)
- Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
Beside a breathtaking fjord and surrounded by 57 miles of beaches, mountains, and forest, the village of Eastsound, the largest town on Orcas Island off the coast of Washington, is prime territory for communion with nature. But the icing on this sweet little getaway spot in the San Juan Islands is a funky, artisanal community that churns out excellent pottery, seasonal cuisine, and handmade jewelry.
Escape to the peaceful North Shore Cottages, tucked away among overgrown ferns and moss-covered logs, for a two-night stay for two in the Screech Owl Swoop, boasting views of Puget Sound ($199), or the Eagle's Nest or Orca Watch ($219).
For a family getaway, opt for a two-night stay for up to four guests in the Heron Cove ($249), or for up to eight guests in the Seal Point or Salmon Shoal ($289). All packages include a bottle of local wine upon arrival.
Each of these intimate cottages boasts a full kitchen—perfect for cooking meals—as well as a hot tub, a TV with stereo and DVD player, cozy furnishings, a fireplace, and spectacular views from your own private deck.
Ask about renting bikes, then go for a ride to the highest point on the island, Mt. Constitution in Moran State Park. Take a kayak or whale-watching trip in the marine hub of Deer Harbor, or stroll the village of Eastsound, abuzz with art galleries, boutiques, and quaint cafes—try New Leaf Cafe, a fresh Northwest-style eatery with French flair.
At some point during your stay, be sure to carve your way through the old-growth cedars and Douglas firs that surround Orcas Island Pottery, the oldest pottery in the Northwest. Stroll the gardens, have a picnic, and watch the artists in action before picking up a piece to take home with you.
Back at the cottages, the Sleepy Otter—a free-standing stone-and-cedar sauna with a full complement of aromas—makes the perfect kick-back spot after a day exploring the island.
Set your sights toward the fjord and Escape to Orcas Island. Indoors or out, you're in for a whale of a good time.
For additional information, visit North Shore Cottages on Facebook.
"The collection of unique cottages, gorgeous landscaping, and intriguing architecture that make up North Shore so beautifully frame the views of the San Juan Islands. I even saw bald eagles, seals, and orca whales as I sat on my private balcony."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Up to 2 voucher may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on double occupancy
- Pets allowed; Children allowed
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings