A Splash of Luxury on Yorkshire's Gorgeous Coastline
The Cliffemount Hotel • North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in Standard Room (£99) or Premier Room with Balcony (£139)
- Daily Full English Breakfast
The historic fishing village of Runswick Bay is steeped in myth and legend, from the hobgoblins of the coastal caves to the eerie tale of the stormy night in 1664 when the original village slipped slowly into the sea.
Escape to The Cliffemount Hotel, hand-crafted by owners Ian and Carol as a luxurious coastal haven, and a two-night stay for two plus a daily full English breakfast could be yours if you splash out just £99 (up to a £230 value).
Your standard room boasts views over sea or countryside—ideal for goblin spotting—as well as an en-suite bathroom, flat screen plasma TV, and tea and coffee making facilities. If you want the kind of holiday that will be sung about in folk tales for years to come, you could also upgrade to two nights for two in a premier room for £139 and enjoy your own private balcony overlooking the bay (up to a £310 value).
The hotel has its own double AA Rosette-awarded Pasión Restaurant, boasting a menu that is the stuff of legends. Head chef David Spencer serves up fresh, locally sourced produce in mouthwatering combinations such a Cliffemount crayfish with smoked salmon cocktail and local wild boar sausages with Yorkshire pudding and parsnip mash.
By day you can follow in the footsteps of ghostly smugglers around the charming red-roofed cottages of the village or head down to the bay's sheltered sandy beach for a stroll or fossil-hunting adventure. If you fancy taking in the scenery that inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula, visit the nearby town of Whitby to see the hotel he stayed in when writing the novel as well as the otherworldly ruins of Whitby Abbey.
It's spooky how quickly this week's Escape could slip through your fingers so click 'Buy Now' before it disappears into the sea mist.
"Perched on the cliffs overlooking Runswick Bay, the hotel is blissfully insulated from almost any other sound but the distant splashing of waves below."-- The AA
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by February 28, 2013
- Bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher (calls must be made between 10am - 6pm)
- Once booking is confirmed, no changes can be made
- Enquiries cannot be made by e-mail due to the high volume of calls; bookings must be made on the phone and cannot be made via merchant or third party website
- Voucher excludes 21 December 2012 - 2 January 2013, and 14 February 2013
- Friday and Saturday reservations incur a £20 supplement, per person per booking; to be paid directly to the hotel
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Standard room (Option A) and Premier Room (Option B)
- Dog are allowed but must be no larger than Spaniel; a surcharge of £7.50 per dog, per night must be paid directly to merchant
- Free parking
- Voucher includes Daily Full English Breakfast
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01947 840511 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 57% savings