Cool, Yet Country, in Healdsburg
The Irish Rose Inn • Healdsburg, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Michael's or Kimberly's Room, The Rose Room, or Chateau Margi
- Daily Full Breakfast
- Wine-Tasting Passport for More Than 120 Wineries
- Welcome Bottle of Wine
- Combine Up to Three Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Of all the 'life's too short' canards, perhaps the most common ending is 'to drink bad wine.' And in Healdsburg, there doesn't seem to be any of it—of the bad stuff, that is. Just 65 miles from San Francisco, the California wine country destination has been called Sonoma's answer to St. Helena, but the number of four-star restaurants popping up haven't trumped the small-town vibe just yet.
While it may feel like there are more wineries than there is time (more than 100 in the three surrounding valleys!), The Irish Rose Inn, a centenarian Craftsman-style home-turned B&B on Dry Creek Road, puts you within walking distance of a number of family-owned vineyards. Inside, each room is a bit different—Michael's Room has a pinewood four-poster bed and a spa tub; the butter-yellow walls, quilt-topped queen-size bed, and view of the horse paddocks add up to a country vibe in Kimberly's Room; the simply decorated Rose Room is on the first floor; and Chateau Margi, a one-bedroom cottage appointed with a kitchen, is adjacent to the inn.
Morning brings breakfast that might include a French toast soufflé or eggs plucked from the chicken coop outside. Be sure to ask owner Chris for winery suggestions (or for an introduction to the resident pot-bellied pig). Less than five miles away, the town's 19th-century plaza, lined with specialty shops, galleries, and boutiques, is a worthwhile distraction if you're the type to consider drinking before noon a faux pas. If, like us, you're ready to imbibe at any time of day, hop on a couple of bikes and start sipping pinot noirs of the Russian River Valley, zinfandels of Alexander Valley, and sauvignon blancs of Dry Creek Valley, among many possibilities—you'll be armed with a passport booklet giving you free access to tastings at over 120 wineries.
Picnic procurements for lunch can be found at Oakville Grocery or Dry Creek General Store, but you'll want to have dinner in town. Graze over crispy beer-battered green beans with mango salsa and goat-cheese-and-mushroom-stuffed chile rellenos at Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar. Or, visit celebrity chef Charlie Palmer's hometown restaurant Dry Creek Kitchen for inventive but not too out there modern-American cooking. Because life's also too short to miss great food.
"The countryside around Healdsburg is the sort you dream about when you're planning a wine country vacation."-- Read Fodor's Review of Healdsburg
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy; third adult welcome on a roll-away for $25/night
- Dogs are welcome
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 54% savings